Bilinear Optimal Control Problem for the Stationary Navier–Stokes Equations with Variable Density and Slip Boundary Condition
- 1 Downloads
An optimal control problem for the stationary Navier–Stokes equations with variable density is studied. A bilinear control is applied on the flow domain, while Dirichlet and Navier boundary conditions for the velocity are assumed on the boundary. As a first step, we enunciate a result on the existence of weak solutions of the dynamical equation; this is done by firstly expressing the fluid density in terms of the stream-function. Then, the bilinear optimal control problem is analyzed, and the existence of optimal solutions are proved; their corresponding characterization regarding the first-order optimality conditions are obtained. Such optimality conditions are rigorously derived by using a penalty argument since the weak solutions are not necessarily unique neither isolated, and so standard methods cannot be applied.
KeywordsNavier–Stokes equations Variable density Bilinear control problem Optimality conditions
Mathematics Subject Classification49J20 76D55 35Q30
E. Mallea-Zepeda was supported by Proyecto UTA-Mayor 4740-18, Universidad de Tarapacá, Chile. E. Lenes was supported by the Departamento de Investigaciones of the Universidad del Sinú, Colombia.
- Antonsev, S.N., Kazhikov, A.V., Monakov, B.N.: Boundary Value Problems in Mechanics of Nonhomogeneous Fluids. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1990)Google Scholar
- Joseph, D.D.: Fluids dynamics of mixtures of incompressible miscible liquids. In: Fitzgibbon, W., Kuznetsov, Y., Neittaanmäki, P., P’eriaux, J., Pironneau, O. (eds.) Applied and Numerical Partial Differential Equations. Computational Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 15. Springer, Dordrecht (2010)Google Scholar
- Lions, J.L.: Control of Distributed Singular Systems. Gauthier-Villars, Paris (1985)Google Scholar
- Mallea-Zepeda, E., Ortega-Torres, E., Villamizar-Roa, É.J.: An optimal control problem for the steady nonhomogeneous asymmetric fluids. Appl. Math. Optim. (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00245-017-9466-5
- Navier, C.L.M.H.: Sur le lois de l’équilibrie et du mouvement des corps élastiques. Mem. Acad. R. Sci. Inst. France 369 (1827)Google Scholar