Design and analysis of perforated MEMS resonator
- 64 Downloads
In this paper, we have designed an optimal design of microelectromechanical (MEMS) resonator. The paper explains the idea of suitable design, modeling and optimization of the MEMS RF resonator. The resonator has been designed to achieve a high quality factor and optimum pull in voltage and keeping the dimension as small as possible. The design approach uses the Dragonfly algorithm for minimizing the pull in voltage. The resonator is basically a perforated structure incorporating circular holes.
The authors would like to thank to NMDC by National Institute of Technology, Silchar for providing the necessary computational tools.
- Campbell C (1998) Surface acoustic wave devices for mobile and wireless communications. Academic Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Devi NM, Maity S, Saha R, Metya SK (2015) RF MEMS and CSRR- based tunable filter designed for KU and K bands application. Cogent Eng 2(1). https://doi.org/10.1080/23311916.2015.1083641
- Gupta S (2004) Estimation of thermo-elastic dissipation in MEMS. Ph.D. dissertation, Dept. Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Li S-S (2013) CMOS-MEMS resonators and their applications. In: European frequency and time forum & international frequency control symposium (EFTF/IFC), 2013 joint, IEEE, pp 915–921Google Scholar
- Pacheco SP, Katehi LP, Nguyen C-C (2000) Design of low actuation voltage RF MEMS switch. In: Microwave symposium digest. 2000 IEEE MTT-S international, IEEE, vol 1, pp 165–168Google Scholar
- Pruthi M, Singh A (2014) Analysis and study of quality factor for simple fixed beam MEMS resonator. Int J Eng Res Gen Sci 2(4):293–298Google Scholar
- Shah K, Singh J, Zayegh A (2006) Modelling and analysis of fringing and metal thickness effects in MEMS parallel plate capacitors. In: Microelectronics: design, technology, and packaging II, international society for optics and photonics, vol 6035, p 603511Google Scholar
- Shekhar S, Vinoy KJ, Ananthasuresh GK (2011) Switching and release time analysis of electrostatically actuated capacitive RF MEMS switches. Sens Transducers J 130(7):77–90Google Scholar
- Simons RN, Hall DG, Miranda FA (2004) RF telemetry system for an implantable bio-MEMS sensor. In: Microwave symposium digest, 2004 IEEE MTT-S international, IEEE, vol 3, pp 1433–1436Google Scholar
- Stanimirović Z, Stanimirović I (2009) Mechanical properties of MEMS materials. In: Takahata K (ed) Micro electronic and mechanical systems. InTech. ISBN: 978-953-307-027-8Google Scholar