Nomenclature of hepatic anatomy and resections: a review of the Brisbane 2000 system
- 1.5k Downloads
The Brisbane 2000 system of nomenclature of hepatic anatomy and resections was introduced to provide a universal terminology in an area that was plagued by confusing and inappropriate terminology. The article describes historical developments central to the emergence of the new terminology and describes the terminology, its attributes, and rules of application.
Key wordsLiver anatomy Liver terminology Liver surgery Hepatectomy Sectionectomy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Terminology Committee of the IHPBA (authors)2000Terminology of liver anatomy and resectionsHPB Surg23339Google Scholar
- 2.Rex, H 1888Beitrage zur Morphologie der SaugerleberMorphol Jahrb14517615Google Scholar
- 3.Cantlie, J 1897On a new arrangement of the right and left lobes of the liverProc Anat Soc Great Britain and Ireland3249Google Scholar
- 4.Mclndoe, AH, Counseller, VS 1927The bilaterality of the liverArch Surg15589612Google Scholar
- 6.Couinaud, C 1957Le Foie. Etudes anatomiques et chirugicalesMasson & CieParisGoogle Scholar
- 7.Healey, JE,Jr, Schroy, PC 1953Anatomy of the biliary ducts within the human liver; Analysis of the prevailing pattern of branchings and the major variations of the biliary ductsArch Surg66599616Google Scholar