Prediction of pK(a) values of neutral and alkaline drugs with particle swarm optimization algorithm and artificial neural network
- 32 Downloads
A prediction model of pKa values of neutral and alkaline drugs based on particle swarm optimization algorithm and back propagation artificial neural network, called PSO–BP ANN, was established. PSO–BP ANN model was proposed using back propagation artificial neural network trained by particle swarm optimization algorithm, and used to predict the pKa values. The five parameters, including relative N atom number, Randic index (order 3), relative negative charge, relative negative charge surface area and maximum atomic net charge, were selected by particle swarm optimization algorithm and used as input variables of the model. The output variable in the proposed model was pKa values. The experimental results showed that the three layers (5–7–1) prediction model had a good prediction performance. The absolute mean relative error, root mean square error of prediction and square correlation coefficient were 0.5728, 0.0512 and 0.9169, respectively. The pKa values of neutral and alkaline drugs were positively correlated with the value of maximum atomic net charge, but the pKa value decreased with the increase in the other four parameters.
KeywordspKa value Particle swarm optimization Back propagation Artificial neural network
The authors gratefully acknowledge the support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 51663001, 51463015, 61741103). The authors report no conflicts of interests in this paper.
- 3.Bochevarov AD, Watson MA, Greenwood JR (2016) Multiconformation, density functional theory-based pk(a) prediction in application to large, flexible organic molecules with diverse functional groups. J Chem Theory Comput 12(12):6001–6019. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.6b00805 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Zuvela P, Liu JJ, Macur K, Baczek T (2015) Molecular descriptor subset selection in theoretical peptide quantitative structure-retention relationship model development using nature-inspired optimization algorithms. Anal Chem 87(19):9876–9883. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.analchem.5b02349 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Mengshan L, Liang L, Xingyuan H, Hesheng L, Bingsheng C, Lixin G, Yan W (2017) Prediction of supercritical carbon dioxide solubility in polymers based on hybrid artificial intelligence method integrated with the diffusion theory. RSC Adv 7(78):49817–49827. https://doi.org/10.1039/C7RA09531G CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.Shirazian S, Alibabaei M (2017) Using neural networks coupled with particle swarm optimization technique for mathematical modeling of air gap membrane distillation (AGMD) systems for desalination process. Neural Comput Appl 28(8):2099–2104. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00521-016-2184-0 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.Dardonville C, Caine BA, Navarro de la Fuente M, Martin Herranz G, Corrales Mariblanca B, Popelier PLA (2017) Substituent effects on the basicity (pK(a)) of aryl guanidines and 2-(arylimino) imidazolidines: correlations of pH-metric and UV-metric values with predictions from gas-phase ab initio bond lengths. New J Chem 41(19):11016–11028. https://doi.org/10.1039/c7nj02497e CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 32.Hasanloei MAV, Sheikhpour R, Sarram MA, Sheikhpour E, Sharifi H (2018) A combined Fisher and Laplacian score for feature selection in QSAR based drug design using compounds with known and unknown activities. J Comput Aided Mol Des 32(2):375–384. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10822-017-0094-6 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 35.Bui KTT, Bui DT, Zou JG, Doan CV, Revhaug I (2018) A novel hybrid artificial intelligent approach based on neural fuzzy inference model and particle swarm optimization for horizontal displacement modeling of hydropower dam. Neural Comput Appl 29(12):1495–1506. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00521-016-2666-0 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 46.Sermpinis G, Theofilatos K, Karathanasopoulos A, Georgopoulos EF, Dunis C (2013) Forecasting foreign exchange rates with adaptive neural networks using radial-basis functions and Particle Swarm Optimization. Eur J Oper Res 225(3):528–540. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2012.10.020 MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 47.Li M, Huang X, Liu H, Liu B, Wu Y, Wang L (2015) Solubility prediction of supercritical carbon dioxide in 10 polymers using radial basis function artificial neural network based on chaotic self-adaptive particle swarm optimization and K-harmonic means. RSC Adv 5(56):45520–45527. https://doi.org/10.1039/c5ra07129a CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 52.Kalaiarasi N, Dash SS, Padmanaban S, Paramasivam S, Morati PK (2018) Maximum power point tracking implementation by dspace controller integrated through z-source inverter using particle swarm optimization technique for photovoltaic applications. Appl Sci Basel. https://doi.org/10.3390/app8010145 CrossRefGoogle Scholar