A reproducing kernel Hilbert space pseudospectral method for numerical investigation of a two-dimensional capillary formation model in tumor angiogenesis problem
- 125 Downloads
In the current work, an interesting and challenging mathematical model for a two-dimensional capillary formation model in tumor angiogenesis problem will be investigated numerically. The mathematical model describes progression of tumor angiogenic factor in a unit square space domain, namely the extracellular matrix. An efficient numerical technique is performed to approximate the numerical solution of the governing practical model. The method is based on reproducing kernel Hilbert spaces in the framework of the standard pseudospectral method. Using reproducing kernel Hilbert space operational matrices and elimination the treatment of complicated boundary conditions are the main advantages of the proposed method. Some illustrative examples are included to demonstrate the effectiveness and versatility of the technique to deal with the governing mathematical model in both linear and nonlinear models .
KeywordsReproducing kernel Hilbert space Pseudospectral method Capillary formation Tumor angiogenic factor
The first author would like to thank “Golpayegan University of Technology” for supporting this work financially under the contract number 94500/3141. The authors would like to express their thankfulness to anonymous referees for their helpful constructive comments.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there is no conflict of interest regarding the publication of this manuscript.
- 11.Abbasbandy S, Ghehsareh Roohani H, Hashim I (2012) Numerical analysis of a mathematical model for capillary formation in tumor angiogenesis using a meshfree method based on the radial basis function. s using a meshfree method based on the radial basis functions. Eng Anal Bound Elem 36(12):18118zbMATHCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Arqub OA, Al-Smadi M, Momani S, Hayat T (2016) Application of reproducing kernel algorithm for solving second-order, two-point fuzzy boundary value problems. Soft Comput 1–16. doi: 10.1007/s00500-016-2262-3
- 19.Arqub OA (2017) Adaptation of reproducing kernel algorithm for solving fuzzy Fredholm–Volterra integrodifferential equations. Neural Comput Appl 28(7):1591–1610Google Scholar
- 22.Arqub OA, Maayah B (2016) Solutions of Bagley–Torvik and Painlevé equations of fractional order using iterative reproducing kernel algorithm with error estimates. Neural Comput Appl 1–15Google Scholar
- 31.Inc M, Akgul A, Kilicman A (2012) Explicit solution of telegraph equation based on reproducing kernel method. J Funct Spaces Appl 2012, Article ID 984682Google Scholar
- 32.Mustafa Inc, Ali Akgul (2013) The reproducing kernel Hilbert space method for solving Troeschs problem. J Assoc Arab Univer Basic Appl Sci 14(1):19–27Google Scholar
- 33.Inc M, Akgul A, Kilicman A (2013) A novel method for solving kdv equation based on reproducing kernel hilbert space method. Abstr Appl Anal 2013, Article ID 578942Google Scholar
- 34.Inc M, Akgul A, Kilicman A (2013) A new application of the reproducing kernel hilbert space method to solve MHD Jeffery-Hamel flows problem in nonparallel walls. Abstr Appl Anal 2013, Article ID 239454Google Scholar
- 35.Inc M, Akgul A, Kilicman A (2013)Numerical solutions of the second-order one-dimensional telegraph equation based on reproducing kernel Hilbert space method. Abstr Appl Anal 2013, Article ID 768963Google Scholar
- 37.Inc M, Akgul A (2014) Numerical solution of seventh-order boundary value problems by a novel method. Abstr Appl Anal 2014, Article ID 745287Google Scholar
- 39.Akgul A, Kilicman A (2015) Solving delay differential equations by an accurate method with interpolation. Abstr Appl Anal 2015, Article ID 676939Google Scholar
- 41.Akgul A (2015) New reproducing kernel functions. Math Probl Eng 2015, Article ID 158134Google Scholar
- 43.Akgül A, Inc M, Karatas E (2015) Reproducing kernel functions for difference equations. Discret Contin Dyn Syst Ser S 8(6):1055–1064. doi: 10.3934/dcdss.2015.8.1055
- 47.Maayah B, Bushnaq S, Momani S, Abu Arqub, O.(2014) Iterative multistep reproducing kernel Hilbert space method for solving strongly nonlinear oscillators. Adv Math PhysGoogle Scholar
- 49.Azarnavid B, Parand K (2016) Imposing various boundary conditions on radial basis functions. arXiv preprint arXiv:1611.07292