Nonlinear convective flow with variable thermal conductivity and Cattaneo-Christov heat flux
- 141 Downloads
An analysis is introduced to investigate the salient features of nonlinear convective flow of thixotropic fluid in the version of Cattaneo-Christov heat flux theory. The stagnation point flow is present. The flow phenomenon is by an impermeable stretching sheet. The energy expression is modeled through the theory of Cattaneo-Christov heat flux. Characteristics of heat transfer phenomenon are described within the frame of variable thermal conductivity. Suitable variables reduced to the nonlinear partial differential expressions to the ordinary differential expressions. Series solutions of resulting systems are acquired within the frame of homotopy theory. Convergence analysis is achieved and suitable values are determined by capturing the so-called ℏ−curves. Graphical results for velocity and temperature are displayed and argued for sundry physical variables. Expression of skin friction coefficient is calculated through numerical values. Higher values of mixed convection parameter, Prandtl number, and thermal relaxation time lead to decay the temperature and layer thickness.
KeywordsThixotropic liquid Cattaneo-Christov heat flux Nonlinear convection Variable thermal conductivity Stagnation point flow
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This research is a self-funded project.
- 11.Hayat T, Qayyum S, Imtiaz M, Alsaedi A (2017) Flow between two stretchable rotating disks with Cattaneo-Christov heat flux model. Res Physics 7:126–133Google Scholar
- 13.Ali ME, Sandeep N (2017) Cattaneo-Christov model for radiative heat transfer of magnetohydrodynamic Casson-ferrofluid: a numerical study. Res. Physics 7:21–30Google Scholar
- 19.Akbar NS, Raza M, Ellahi R (2015) Peristaltic flow with thermal conductivity of H2O + Cu nanofluid and entropy generation. Res Physics 5:115–124Google Scholar
- 26.Ebrahimi B, Taghavi SM, Sadeghy K (2015) Two-phase viscous fingering of immiscible thixotropic fluids: a numerical study. J Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech 218, 40:–52Google Scholar
- 31.S. Liao (2012) Homotopy analysis method in nonlinear differential equations, Springer & Higher Education PressGoogle Scholar
- 32.Shahzad A, Ali R (2012) MHD flow of a non-Newtonian power law fluid over a vertical stretching sheet with the convective boundary condition. Walailak J Sci Tech 10:43–56Google Scholar
- 35.Shahzad A, Ali R (2012) Approximate analytic solution for magneto-hydrodynamic flow of a non-Newtonian fluid over a vertical stretching sheet. Can J Appl Sci 2:202–215Google Scholar