A novel image segmentation approach based on neutrosophic c-means clustering and indeterminacy filtering
- 190k Downloads
This paper presents a novel image segmentation algorithm based on neutrosophic c-means clustering and indeterminacy filtering method. Firstly, the image is transformed into neutrosophic set domain. Then, a new filter, indeterminacy filter is designed according to the indeterminacy value on the neutrosophic image, and the neighborhood information is utilized to remove the indeterminacy in the spatial neighborhood. Neutrosophic c-means clustering is then used to cluster the pixels into different groups, which has advantages to describe the indeterminacy in the intensity. The indeterminacy filter is employed again to remove the indeterminacy in the intensity. Finally, the segmentation results are obtained according to the refined membership in the clustering after indeterminacy filtering operation. A variety of experiments are performed to evaluate the performance of the proposed method, and a newly published method neutrosophic similarity clustering (NSC) segmentation algorithm is utilized to compare with the proposed method quantitatively. The experimental results show that the proposed algorithm has better performances in quantitatively and qualitatively.
KeywordsImage segmentation Neutrosophic set Clustering Indeterminate filter
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 2.Gonzalez RC, Woods RE (2002) Digital image processing, 2nd edn. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle RiverGoogle Scholar
- 6.Akhtar N, Agarwal N, Burjwal A (2014) K-mean algorithm for image segmentation using neutrosophy. In: 2014 International conference on advances in computing, communications and informatics (ICACCI), New Delhi, pp 2417–2421 September 2014Google Scholar
- 13.Mathew JM, Simon P (2014) Color texture image segmentation based on neutrosophic set and nonsubsampled contourlet transformation. Applied algorithms. In: Gupta P, Zaroliagis C (eds) Proceedings of the first international conference, ICAA 2014, Kolkata, India, January 13–15, 2014. Springer International Publishing, Cham, pp 164–173Google Scholar
- 16.Guo Y, Şengür A (2013) A novel image segmentation algorithm based on neutrosophic filtering and level set. Neutrosophic Sets Syst 1:46–49Google Scholar
- 17.Guo Y, Şengür A, Tian JW (2015) A novel breast ultrasound image segmentation algorithm based on neutrosophic similarity score and level set. Computer methods and programs in biomedicine, vol. (in press)Google Scholar
- 21.Pratt WK (1978) Digital image processing. Wiley, Hoboken, pp 429–432Google Scholar