Application of the TOPSİS method to improve software efficiency and to optimize its management
- 6 Downloads
Technique for Order of Prevention by Similarity to Ideal Solution (TOPSİS) method is used for decision-making to improve software efficiency and to optimize its management by using methodological approaches. TOPSIS method is a multi-criteria decision-making analysis method. TOPSIS identifies the best alternative variant based on compromise solution. The basic concept of the TOPSIS method is that the chosen alternate variant has to be at the shortest Euclidean distance from the positive ideal solution and at the farthest Euclidean distance from the negative ideal solution. Criteria and alternatives for software are identified. Two or three of software features from other studies are used. Based on international experience, practically, only few characteristics of software efficiency have been used in the articles so far, but not all eight characteristics. Eight attributes of software efficiency are used, which distinguish this study from others. The values of the worst and best alternatives are found in multi-criterion decision-making by using the estimations of four expert programmers. The software currently run in three systems was used in experiments. The skills of the experts are also taken into account for finding the values. The results of the experiments are estimated to be good.
KeywordsSoftware Characteristics Criteria Alternatives Efficiency TOPSIS
The author thanks the editors and anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments and suggestions that have led to this improved version of the paper.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The author declares no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the author.
- Alguliyev RM, Kazimov TH, Mahmudova SJ, Mahmudova RS (2005) Corporate information systems educational center. In: The international conference educational technology, ICTE’2005, pp 294–298Google Scholar
- Cho J, Kim B, Choi C, Jeong H (2016) Study of market scale and share estimation methodology on effective feasibility analysis of government R&D program related to information technology. In: The international conference on platform technology and service (PLATCON). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/PlatCon.2016.7456826
- Jabrayilova ZQ, Sabina NM (2011) Defining methods of importance factor of the criteria in the solution of personnel management problems and detection of contradictions. In: The 11th international conference on pattern recognition and information processing (PRIP’2011), pp 330–333Google Scholar
- Kazimov T, Mahmudova S (2016) About the calculation method of the coefficient that shows significance extent of geometric characteristics in determination of racial and ethnic identity of human. Rev Comput Eng Res 3(3):47–54. https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.76/2016.3.3/126.96.36.199 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kondrashov M, Pankratov A, Batseva N (2019) The architecture and functionality of the software to identify the actual voltage static load characteristics of large consumers. In: The 2019 international Siberian conference on control and communications (SIBCON). https://doi.org/10.1109/SIBCON.2019.8729660
- Mahmudova S (2018a) Analysis of software performance enhancement and development of algorithm. Int J Innov Sci Res Technol 4(1):219–229Google Scholar
- Sadiq M, Afrin A (2017) An integrated approach for the selection of software requirements using fuzzy AHP and fuzzy TOPSIS method. In: International conference on intelligent computing, instrumentation and control technologies (ICICICT), pp 1094–1100. https://doi.org/10.1109/icicict1.2017.8342722
- Welch MJ (1985) Convenience software. Byte 10(6):353–363Google Scholar