Müntz–Legendre neural network construction for solving delay optimal control problems of fractional order with equality and inequality constraints
- 14 Downloads
In this paper, an artificial intelligence approach using neural networks is described to solve a class of delay optimal control problems of fractional order with equality and inequality constraints. In the proposed method, a functional link neural network based on the Müntz–Legendre polynomial is developed. The problem is first transformed into an equivalent problem with a fractional dynamical system without delay, using a Padé approximation. According to the Pontryagin’s minimum principle for optimal control problems of fractional order and by constructing an error function, the authors then define an unconstrained minimization problem. The authors use trial solutions for the states, Lagrange multipliers and control functions where these trial solutions are constructed by a single-layer Müntz–Legendre neural network model. The authors then exploit an unconstrained optimization scheme for adjusting the network parameters (weights and bias) and to minimize the computed error function. Some numerical examples are given to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsMüntz–Legendre polynomial Functional link neural network Delay optimal control problems Fractional order Padé approximation Pontryagin minimum principle Error function Optimization scheme
This study was not funded by any grant.
Compliance with ethical standard
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Badalyan GV (1956) Generalization of Legendre polynomials and some of their applications. Rus Armen Summ 9:3–22Google Scholar
- Balakrishnan D, Puthusserypady S (2005) Multilayer perceptrons for the classification of brain computer interface data. In: Bioengineering, proceedings of the northeast conference, pp 118–119Google Scholar
- Dankovic B, Jovanovic Z, Milojkovic M (2005) Dynamic systems identification using Müntz function neural networks with distributed dynamics. In: TELSIKS 2005–2005 uth international conference on telecommunication in modernsatellite, Cable and Broadcasting Services, 28–30 SeptemberGoogle Scholar
- Lee KY, El-Sharkawi MA (2008) Modern heuristic optimization techniques: theory and applications to power systems. IEEE Press Series on Power EngineeringGoogle Scholar
- Mall S, Chakraverty S (2018) Artificial neural network approach for solving fractional order initial value problems. arXiv:1810.04992v2
- Naderpour H, Mirrashid M (2019) Shear failure capacity prediction of concrete beam-column joints in terms of ANFIS and GMDH. In: Practice periodical on structural design and construction 24:04019006. https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)sc.1943-5576.0000417 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Patra JC, Chin WC, Meher PK, Chakraborty G (2008) Legendre-FLANN-based nonlinear channel equalization in wireless communication system. In: IEEE international conference on systems, man and cybernetics, pp 1826–1831Google Scholar
- Peterson LE, Larine KV (2008) Hermite/Laguerre neural networks for classification of artificial fingerprints from optical coherence tomography. In: IEEE seventh international conference on machine learning and applications, pp 637–643Google Scholar
- Ricky TQ, Chen Y, Rubanova J, Bettencourt D (2018) Duvenaud, Neural Ordinary Differential Equations, 32nd Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2018), Montral, CanadaGoogle Scholar
- Trajkovic D, Nikolic V, Antic D, Nikolic S, Peric S (2013) Application of the hybrid bond graphs and orthogonal rational filters for sag voltage effect reduction. Elektronika ir Elektrotechnika 19Google Scholar
- Turut V, Güzel N (2013b) Multivariate Padé approximation for solving nonlinear partial differential equations of fractional order. In: Abstracts and applied analysisGoogle Scholar
- Zhang L, Suganthan PN (2015) A comprehensive evaluation of random vector functional link networks. Inf Sci 367:1097–1105Google Scholar
- Ziaei E, Farahi MH (2018) The approximate solution of non-linear time-delay fractional optimal control problems by embedding process. IMA J Math Control InfGoogle Scholar