Robust optimization and mixed-integer linear programming model for LNG supply chain planning problem
- 211 Downloads
A constant development of gas utilization in domestic households, industry, and power plants has slowly transformed gaseous petrol into a noteworthy wellspring of energy. Supply and transportation planning of liquefied natural gas (LNG) need a great attention from the management of the supply chain to provide a significant development of gas trading. Therefore, this paper addresses a robust mixed-integer linear programming model for LNG sales planning over a given time horizon aiming to minimize the costs of the vendor. Since the parameter of the manufacturer supply has an uncertain nature in the real world, and this parameter is regarded to be interval-based uncertain. To validate the model, various illustrative examples are solved using CPLEX solver of GAMS software under different uncertainty levels. Furthermore, a novel metaheuristic algorithm, namely cuckoo optimization algorithm (COA), is designed to solve the problem efficiently. The obtained comparison results demonstrate that the proposed COA can generate high-quality solutions. Furthermore, the comparison results of the deterministic and robust models are evaluated, and sensitivity analyses are performed on the main parameters to provide the concluding remarks and managerial insights of the research. Finally, a comparison evaluation is done between the total vendor profit and the robustness cost to find the optimal robustness level.
KeywordsLNG supply Liquefied gas sales planning Robust optimization Cuckoo optimization algorithm (COA) Optimal robustness level
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The author declares that he has no conflicts of interest.
- Andersson H, Christiansen M, Fagerholt K (2010) Transportation planning and inventory management in the LNG supply chain. In: Energy, natural resources and environmental economics. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp 427–439Google Scholar
- Bittante A, Jokinen R, Pettersson F, Saxén H (2015) Optimization of LNG supply chain. In: Computer aided chemical engineering, vol 37. Elsevier, pp 779–784Google Scholar
- Global Energy Statistical Yearbook (2018) https://yearbook.enerdata.net/natural-gas/gas-consumption-data.html. Accessed Dec 2018
- Goli A, Aazami A, Jabbarzadeh A (2018) Accelerated cuckoo optimization algorithm for capacitated vehicle routing problem in competitive conditions. Int J Artif Intell 16(1):88–112Google Scholar
- Hosseinabadi AAR, Tirkolaee EB (2018) A gravitational emulation local search algorithm for task scheduling in multi-agent system. Int J Appl Optim Stud 1(1):11–24Google Scholar
- Khalilpour R, Karimi IA (2012) Contract selection under uncertainty: LNG buyers’ perspective. In: Computer aided chemical engineering, vol 31. Elsevier, pp 1487–1491Google Scholar
- Narasimhan R, Stoynoff K (1986a) Optimizing aggregate procurement allocation decisions. J Purch Mater Manag 22(1):23–30Google Scholar
- Narasimhan R, Stoynoff LK (1986b) Optimizing aggregate procurement allocation decisions. J Purch Mater Manag 22(1):23–30Google Scholar