Image encryption scheme combining a modified Gerchberg–Saxton algorithm with hyper-chaotic system
- 201 Downloads
We propose a new image encryption algorithm based on a modified Gerchberg–Saxton algorithm and hyper-chaotic system. First, original image is encoded into a phase function by using the modified Gerchberg–Saxton algorithm, which is controlled by hyper-chaotic system. Then, Josephus traversing is employed to scramble the created phase function. Lastly, the scrambled result is confused and diffused by using hyper-chaotic system simultaneously. The numerical simulations verify the validity and reliability of the proposed scheme.
KeywordsImage encryption Gerchberg–Saxton algorithm Hyper-chaotic system Josephus traversing
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 11071152, 11601188, 61403164), the Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province (Grant No. 2015A030313443).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Gerchberg RW, Saxton WO (1972) A practical algorithm for the determination of the phase from image and diffraction plane pictures. Optik 35:237–246Google Scholar
- Hirsch PM, Jordan JA, Lesem LB (1971) Method of making an object dependent diffuser. US Patent 3,619,022Google Scholar
- Li S, Zheng X (2002) Cryptanalysis of a chaotic image encryption method. In: IEEE international symposium on circuits and systems, 2002. ISCAS 2002, vol 2, IEEE, pp II–708Google Scholar
- Pashakolaee PG, Shahhoseini HS, Mollajafari M (2017) Hyper-chaotic feeded GA (HFGA): a reversible optimization technique for robust and sensitive image encryption. Multimed Tools Appl 5:1–30Google Scholar
- Saxton WO (1974) Computer techniques for image processing in electron microscopy. PhD thesis, University of CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Socek D, Li S, Spyros SM et al (2005) Enhanced 1-D chaotic key-based algorithm for image encryption. In: First international conference on security and privacy for emerging areas in communications networks (SECURECOMM’05), IEEE, pp 406–407Google Scholar
- Wang XL (2014) A novel color image encryption algorithm based on dna sequence operation and hyper-chaotic system. J Syst Softw 85(2):290–299Google Scholar
- Wang QZ, Wei MY, Chen XM, Miao Z (2017) Joint encryption and compression of 3d images based on tensor compressive sensing with non-autonomous 3d chaotic system. Multimed Tools Appl 9:1–20Google Scholar