A new effective solution method for fully intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem
- 107 Downloads
A transportation problem in its balanced form where all parameters and variables are of triangular intuitionistic fuzzy values is considered in this study. In the literature of the field, the existing proposed approaches have many shortcomings, e.g., obtaining negative solutions for the variables and obtaining negative objective function value in existence of positive unit transportation costs. In this study, considering the existing shortcomings, a new and effective solution approach is proposed to overcome such shortcomings. The performed computational experiments prove the superiority of the proposed approach over those of the literature from the results’ quality.
KeywordsTransportation problem Triangular intuitionistic fuzzy number Intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem Optimal solution
We would like to express our sincere thanks to the editors and referees of the journal for their helpful comments and suggestions which helped us to improve the quality of this paper.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
Authors Ali Mahmoodirad, Tofigh Allahviranloo, Sadegh Niroomand declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Dempe S, Starostina T (2006) Optimal toll charges in a fuzzy flow problem. In: Proceedings of the international conference 9th fuzzy days in Dortmund, Germany, Sept 18–20Google Scholar
- Dinager DS, Palanivel K (2009) The transportation problem in fuzzy environment. Int J Algorithm Comput Math 12(3):93–106Google Scholar
- Mahmoodirad A, Hassasi H, Tohidi G, Sanei M (2014) On approximation of the fully fuzzy fixed charge transportation problem. Int J Indus Math 6(4):307–314Google Scholar
- Mohideen IS, Kumar PS (2010) A comparative study on transportation problem in fuzzy environment. Int J Math Res 2(1):151–158Google Scholar
- Nagoorgani A, Razak KA (2006) Two stage fuzzy transportation problem. J Phys Sci 10:63–69Google Scholar
- Singh SK, Yadav SP (2017a) Intuitionistic fuzzy multi-objective linear programming problem with various membership functions. Ann Oper Res. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-017-2551-y