A stock model with jumps for Itô–Liu financial markets
- 90 Downloads
Over the years, various types of differential equations have been employed to describe a myriad of processes driven by the respective forms of indeterminacy. This paper presents and examines uncertain stochastic differential equations and their important characteristics. An uncertain stochastic differential equation is a differential equation driven by both a Brownian motion and a canonical Liu process. Moreover, an uncertain stochastic differential equation with jumps is a differential equation driven by a Brownian motion, a canonical Liu process and an uncertain random renewal process. Based on an uncertain stochastic differential equation with jumps, this study suggests a stock model with jumps for Itô–Liu financial markets. Generalised stock models for Itô–Liu financial markets are introduced as well.
KeywordsIndeterminacy Uncertain stochastic differential equation Uncertain stochastic differential equation with jumps Uncertain stochastic finance Stock model with jumps Itô–Liu financial markets
The authors would like to express their heartfelt gratitude towards the Great Zimbabwe University (Department of Mathematics and Computer Science and Department of Banking and Finance) for providing excellent research support and facilities.
Both authors contributed to the generation of this research article. The authors read and approved the final manuscript.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors hereby declare that they have no conflict of interest.
The article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Chen X, Ralescu DA (2013b) Liu process and uncertain calculus. J Uncertain Anal Appl 1(3). http://www.juaa-journal.com/content/1/1/3. Accessed Jan 2015
- Gao Y (2015) Existence and uniqueness theorem on uncertain differential equations with local Lipschitz condition. J Uncertain Syst 6(3):223–232Google Scholar
- Gao J, Yao K (2015) Some concepts and theorems of uncertain random process. Int J Intell Syst 30(1):52–65Google Scholar
- Hou YC (2014) Sub-additivity of chance measure. J Uncertain Anal Appl 2(14). http://www.juaa-journal.com/content/2/1/14. Accessed Jan 2017
- Hou YC, Peng W (2014) Distance between uncertain random variables. Math Model Eng Probl 1(1):15–20. http://orsc.edu.cn/online/130510.pdf. Accessed Jan 2017
- Liu B (2008) Fuzzy process, hybrid process and uncertain process. J Uncertain Syst 2(1):3–16. www.jus.org.uk (Online)
- Liu B (2009) Some research problems in uncertainty theory. J Uncertain Syst 3(1):3–10Google Scholar
- Liu B (2010) Uncertainty theory: a branch of mathematics for modelling human uncertainty. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Liu B (2012a) Why is there a need for uncertainty theory? J Uncertain Syst 6(1):3–10. www.jus.org.uk. Accessed Feb 2015
- Liu B (2012b) Uncertainty theory, 4th edn. Uncertainty Theory Laboratory, Beijing. http://orsc.edu.cn/liu/ut.pdf. Accessed Feb 2015
- Liu YH (2012c) An analytic method for solving uncertain differential equations. J Uncertain Syst 6(4):244–249Google Scholar
- Liu B (2013a) Toward uncertain finance theory. J Uncertain Anal Appl 1(1). http://www.juaa-journal.com/content/1/1/1. Accessed Feb 2015
- Liu B (2015) Uncertainty theory, 4th edn. Uncertainty Theory Laboratory, Beijing. http://orsc.edu.cn/liu/ut.pdf. Accessed Aug 2015
- Matenda FR, Chikodza E, Gumbo V (2015) Measuring gap risk for constant proportion portfolio insurance strategies in uncertain markets. J Math Stat Sci 2015:18–31Google Scholar
- Samuelson P (1965) Proof that properly anticipated prices fluctuate randomly. Ind Manag Rev 6:41–50Google Scholar
- Sun JJ, Chen X (2015) Asian option pricing formula for uncertain financial market. J Uncertain Anal Appl vol 3, article 11Google Scholar
- Yang XF, Shen YY (2015) Runge–Kutta method for solving uncertain differential equations. J Uncertainty Anal Appl 3(17). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40467-015-0038-4
- Yao K (2013a) A type of uncertain differential equations with analytic solution. J Uncertain Anal Appl, vol 1, article 8Google Scholar
- Yao K (2013b) Extreme values and integral of solution of uncertain differential equation. J Uncertain Anal Appl, vol 1, article 2Google Scholar
- Yao K, Gao J (2015) Uncertain random alternating renewal process with application to interval availability. IEEE Trans Fuzzy Syst 23(5):1333–1342Google Scholar
- Yao K, Gao J (2016) Law of large numbers for uncertain random variables. IEEE Trans Fuzzy Syst 24(3):615–621. http://orsc.edu.cn/online/120401.pdf. Accessed Apr 2017
- Yu XC (2012) A stock model with jumps for uncertain markets. Int J Uncertain Fuzziness Knowl Based Syst 20(3):421–432Google Scholar