Sum of observables on MV-effect algebras
- 67 Downloads
Using a one-to-one correspondence between observables and their spectral resolutions, we introduce the sum of any two bounded observables of a \(\sigma \)-MV-effect algebra. This sum is commutative, associative with neutral element. Under the Olson order of observables, the set of bounded observables is a partially ordered semigroup, and the set of sharp observables is even a Dedekind \(\sigma \)-complete \(\ell \)-group with strong unit.
KeywordsEffect algebra MV-effect algebra Monotone \(\sigma \)-complete effect algebra Observable Sharp observable Spectral resolution Sum of observables Olson order \(\ell \)-Group Semigroup
The author is very indebted to anonymous referees for their careful reading and suggestions which helped us to improve the readability of the paper. This study was funded by the Grants VEGA Nos. 2/0069/16 SAV and GAČR 15-15286S.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The author declares that he has no conflict of interest.
- Dvurečenskij A (2016b) Quantum observables and effect algebras. http://arxiv.org/abs/1609.06691
- Dvurečenskij A, Pulmannová S (2000) New trends in quantum structures. Kluwer, Dordrecht, Ister Science, Bratislava, 541 + xvi ppGoogle Scholar
- Goodearl KR (1986) Partially ordered abelian groups with interpolation. Mathematical Surveys and Monographs No. 20, American Mathematical Society, ProvidenceGoogle Scholar
- Jenča G, Riečanová Z (1999) On sharp elements in lattice ordered effect algebras. Busefal 80:24–29Google Scholar
- Ravindran K (1996) On a structure theory of effect algebras, Ph.D. thesis. Kansas State University, ManhattanGoogle Scholar