The information value and the uncertainties in two-stage uncertain programming with recourse
- 100 Downloads
Based on uncertainty theory, this paper mainly studies the uncertainties and the information value in the two-stage uncertain programming with recourse. We first define three fundamental concepts and investigate their theoretical properties, based on which we present two optimal indices, i.e., EVPI and VUS. Then, we introduce a method to calculate the expected value of the second-stage objective function involving discrete uncertain variables. Due to the complexity of calculation, the upper bound and lower bound for the two indices are studied, respectively. Finally, two examples are given to illustrate these concepts clearly. The results obtained in this paper can provide theoretical basis for studying uncertainties and information value in decision-making process under uncertain systems.
KeywordsUncertainty theory Two-stage uncertain programming Expected value Expected value of perfect information
The author gratefully acknowledges the financial support provided by State Key Laboratory Development Program of China (Grant No. 9140C890302) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos.61502523, 61502521).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors. This work was carried out in collaboration between all authors. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
- Liu B (2009b) Some research problems in uncertainty theory. J Uncertain Syst 3:3–10Google Scholar
- Liu B (2010b) Uncertain risk analysis and uncertain reliability analysis. J Uncertain Syst 4(4):163–170Google Scholar
- Liu B (2013) Polyrectangular theorem and independence of uncertain vectors. J Uncertain Anal Appl, 1, Article 9Google Scholar
- Liu B, Chen XW (2015) Uncertain multiobjective programming and uncer- 340 tain goal programming. J Uncertain Anal Appl, 3, Article 10Google Scholar
- Shapiro A, Dentcheva D (2014) Lectures on stochastic programming: mod- eling and theory, SiamGoogle Scholar
- Sheng Y, Yao K (2014) Some formulas of variance of uncertain random variable. J Uncertain Anal Appl 2, Article 12Google Scholar
- Zheng M, Yi Y, Wang Z, Liao T (2017a) Relations among efficient solutions in uncertain multiobjective programming. Fuzzy Optim Decis Mak, doi: 10.1007/s10700-016-9252-x, to be published
- Zheng M, Yi Y, Wang Z, Liao T (2016) Efficient solution concepts andtheir application in uncertain multiobjective programming. Appl SoftComputing, doi: 10.1016/j.asoc.2016.07.021, to be published