Integration of artificial market simulation and text mining for market analysis
This paper proposed a new approach that integrated an artificial market simulation and text-mining. In this approach first economic trends were extracted from text data circulating in the real world. Then, the trends were inputted into the market simulation. The simulation could support users’ action to the actual market. This approach was used for the decision of exchange rate policy and suggested that the combination of interest rate and intervention operation was effective for the stabilization of the yen–dollar rate from 1994 to 1995. This approach can offer a useful social simulation as a tool to users.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ahmad K, Gillam L, Cheng D (2005) Textual and quantitative analysis: towards a new, e-mediated social science. In: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on e-Social ScienceGoogle Scholar
- Carley K, Diesner J, Tsvetovat M (2004) An integrated approach to the collection and analysis of network data. In: Proceedings of NAACSOS04Google Scholar
- Chasen. http://chasen.naist.jp/, 2006Google Scholar
- Seo Y-W, Giampapa JA, Sycara K (2004) Financial news analysis for intelligent portfolio management. Technical Report CMU-RI- TR-04-04, Carnegie Mellon UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Weka. http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/, 2006Google Scholar
- Witten IH, Frank E (2005) Data mining: practical machine learning tools and techniques, 2nd edn. Morgan KaufmannGoogle Scholar