Analogues of the central point theorem for families with d-intersection property in ℝ d
In this paper we consider families of compact convex sets in ℝ d such that any subfamily of size at most d has a nonempty intersection. We prove some analogues of the central point theorem and Tverberg’s theorem for such families.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)52A20 52A35 52C35
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Eckhoff: Helly, Radon, and Carathéodory type theorems, Handbook of Convex Geometry, ed. by P.M. Gruber and J.M. Willis, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1993, 389–448.Google Scholar
- A. Hatcher: Algebraic Topology, Cambridge University Press, 2002.Google Scholar
- Wu Yi Hsiang: Cohomology theory of topological transformation groups, Springer Verlag, 1975.Google Scholar
- G. Luke, A.S. Mishchenko: Vector bundles and their applications, Springer Verlag, 1998.Google Scholar
- J. McCleary: A user’s guide to spectral sequences, Cambridge University Press, 2001.Google Scholar
- J. Milnor, J. Stasheff: Characteristic classes, Princeton University Press, 1974.Google Scholar