Poset limits and exchangeable random posets
- 152 Downloads
We develop a theory of limits of finite posets in close analogy to the recent theory of graph limits. In particular, we study representations of the limits by functions of two variables on a probability space, and connections to exchangeable random infinite posets.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)06A06 05C99 60C05
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Bollobás and O. Riordan: Metrics for sparse graphs, Surveys in Combinatorics 2009, LMS Lecture Notes Series 365, Cambidge Univ. Press, 2009, 211–287.Google Scholar
- C. Borgs, J. T. Chayes, L. Lovász, V. T. Sós and K. Vesztergombi: Convergent sequences of dense graphs II: Multiway cuts and statistical physics, Preprint, 2007, http://research.microsoft.com/borgs/
- P. Diaconis, S. Holmes and S. Janson: Interval graph limits, Preprint, 2011, arXiv:1102.2841v1.Google Scholar
- G. Elek and B. Szegedy: Limits of hypergraphs, removal and regularity lemmas. A non-standard approach, arXiv:0705.2179v1.Google Scholar
- D. Hoover: Relations on Probability Spaces and Arrays of Random Variables, Preprint, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ, 1979.Google Scholar
- S. Janson: Poset limits and exchangeable random posets, preprint version of the present paper, arXiv:0902.0306v1.Google Scholar
- S. Janson: Graphons, cut norm and distance, couplings and rearrangements, preprint, 2010–2011. arXiv:1009.2376v3.Google Scholar
- S. Janson: Limits of interval orders and semiorders, preprint, 2011, arXiv:1104.1264v1.Google Scholar