Almost Euclidean subspaces of ℓ 1 N VIA expander codes
- 122 Downloads
Through known connections between such Euclidean sections of ℓ1 and compressed sensing matrices, our result also gives explicit compressed sensing matrices for low compression factors for which basis pursuit is guaranteed to recover sparse signals. Our construction makes use of unbalanced bipartite graphs to impose local linear constraints on vectors in the subspace, and our analysis relies on expansion properties of the graph. This is inspired by similar constructions of error-correcting codes.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)68R05 68P30 51N20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Barak, G. Kindler, R. Shaltiel, B. Sudakov and A. Wigderson: Simulating independence: New constructions of condensers, Ramsey graphs, dispersers, and extractors; in: Proceedings of the 46th ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pages 1–10, 2005.Google Scholar
- M. R. Capalbo, O. Reingold, S. P. Vadhan and A. Wigderson: Randomness conductors and constant-degree lossless expanders, in: Proceedings of the 34th ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pages 659–668, 2002.Google Scholar
- 9]R. A. DeVore: Deterministic constructions of compressed sensing matrices, Manuscript, 2007.Google Scholar
- R. G. Gallager: Low-Density Parity-Check Codes, MIT Press, 1963.Google Scholar
- V. Guruswami, J. Lee and A. Wigderson: Euclidean sections of with sublinear randomness and error-correction over the reals, in: 12th International Wrokshop on Randomization and Combinatorial Optimization: Algorithms and Techniques (RANDOM), pages 444–454, 2008.Google Scholar
- V. Guruswami, C. Umans and S. P. Vadhan: Unbalanced expanders and randomness extractors from Parvaresh-Vardy codes, in: Proceedings of the 22nd Annual IEEE Conference on Computational Complexity, pages 96–108, 2007.Google Scholar
- P. Indyk: Uncertainty principles, extractors, and explicit embeddings of L1 into L2; in: Proceedings of the 39th Annual ACM Symposium on the Theory of Computing, pages 615–620, 2007.Google Scholar
- P. Indyk: Explicit constructions for compressed sensing of sparse signals, in: Proceedings of the 19th Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, pages 30–33, 2008.Google Scholar
- F. J. MacWilliams and N. J. A. Sloane: The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes, North-Holland, 1977.Google Scholar
- V. Milman: Topics in asymptotic geometric analysis, Geom. Funct. Anal. Special Volume, Part II (2000), 792–815. GAFA 2000 (Tel Aviv, 1999).Google Scholar