Embeddings and Ramsey numbers of sparse κ-uniform hypergraphs
- 100 Downloads
Chvátal, Rödl, Szemerédi and Trotter  proved that the Ramsey numbers of graphs of bounded maximum degree are linear in their order. In [6,23] the same result was proved for 3-uniform hypergraphs. Here we extend this result to κ-uniform hypergraphs for any integer κ ≥ 3. As in the 3-uniform case, the main new tool which we prove and use is an embedding lemma for κ-uniform hypergraphs of bounded maximum degree into suitable κ-uniform ‘quasi-random’ hypergraphs.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)05D10 05C65
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. A. Burr and P. Erdős: On the magnitude of generalized Ramsey numbers for graphs; in: Infinite and Finite Sets I., Colloquia Mathematica Societatis János Bolyai vol. 10 (1975), 214–240.Google Scholar
- D. Conlon, J. Fox and B. Sudakov: Ramsey numbers of sparse hypergraphs, Random Structures & Algorithms, to appear.Google Scholar
- O. Cooley: Ph.D. thesis, University of Birmingham, in preparation.Google Scholar
- R. L. Graham, B. L. Rothschild and J. H. Spencer: Ramsey Theory, John Wiley & Sons, 1980.Google Scholar
- Y. Ishigami: Linear Ramsey numbers for bounded-degree hypergraphs, preprint.Google Scholar
- P. Keevash: A hypergraph blowup lemma, preprint.Google Scholar
- J. Komlós and M. Simonovits: Szemerédi’s Regularity Lemma and its applications in graph theory, Bolyai Society Mathematical Studies 2, Combinatorics, Paul Erdós is Eighty, (Vol. 2) (D. Miklós, V. T. Sós and T. Szőnyi eds.), Budapest (1996), 295–352.Google Scholar