Comparison of laparoscopic cholecystectomy combined with intraoperative endoscopic sphincterotomy and laparoscopic exploration of the common bile duct for cholecystocholedocholithiasis
- 292 Downloads
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) combined with intraoperative endoscopic sphincterotomy (IOEST) was compared with laparoscopic exploration of the common bile duct (LCBDE) for cholecystocholedocholithiasis in an attempt tried to find the best mini-invasive treatment for the cholelithiasis and choledocholithiasis.
For this study, 234 patients with cholelithiasis and choledocholithiasis diagnosed by preoperative B-ultrasonography and intraoperative cholangiogram were divided at random into an LC-LCBDE group (141cases) and an LC-IOEST group (93 cases). The surgical times, surgical success rates, number of stone extractions, postoperative complications, retained common bile duct stones, postoperative lengths of stay, and hospital charges were compared prospectively.
There were no differences between the two groups in terms of surgical time, surgical success rate, number of stone extractions, postoperative complications, retained common bile duct stones, postoperative length of stay, and hospital charge.
Both LC-IOEST and LC-LCBDE were shown to be safe, effective, minimally invasive treatments for cholecystocholedocholithiasis.
KeywordsCholecystectomy Common bile duct exploration Endoscopic sphinectomy Extrahepatic duct stone Laparoscope
- 2.Fitzgobbons RJ, Gardner GC (2002) Laparoscopic surgery and the common bile duct.World J Surg 25: 1317–1324Google Scholar
- 5.Hong De-F, LI Jun-D, Gao M, Yuan X-M, Wang Jian-G, Cai Xiu-J, Wang X-Fa (2003) One hundred and six cases analyses of laparoscopic technique combined with intraoperative cholangiogram and endoscopic sphincterotomy in sequential treatment of cholelithiasis. Chin J Gen Surg 15: 648–650Google Scholar
- 6.Larter DM, Froines EJ (2000) Laparoscopic common duct exploration in the management of choledocholithiasis. Am J Surg 179: 372–374Google Scholar
- 7.Mao J-Y, Chen X-R (2002) Diagnosis and mini-invasive treatment in extrahepatic duct stone.Hepatobiliary Surg 1: 73–74Google Scholar
- 10.Pineres G, Yamakawa T, Kasugai H, Fukuda N, Ishiyama J, Sakai S, Maruno K, Miyajima N, Sunpaweravong S (1998) Common bile duct stones: management strategies in the laparoscopic era. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 5: 97–103Google Scholar
- 18.Wright BE, Freeman ML, Cumming JK, Quickel RR, Mandal AK (2002) Current management of common bile duct stones:is there a role for laparoscopic cholecystectomy and intraoperative endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography as a single-stage procedure. Surgery 132: 729–737CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar