The Steiner Ratio Gilbert–Pollak Conjecture Is Still Open
- 764 Downloads
The aim of this note is to clear some background information and references to readers interested in understanding the current status of the Gilbert–Pollak Conjecture, in particular, to show that A.O. Ivanov and A.A. Tuzhilin were the first who understood the nature of the real gaps in Du–Hwang proof, what has reflected in their publications starting from 2002.
KeywordsSteiner minimal tree Minimal spanning tree Steiner ratio Gilbert–Pollak conjecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Yue, M.: A report on the Steiner ratio conjecture. OR Trans. 4(1), 1–21 (2000) Google Scholar
- 7.Ivanov, A.O., Tuzhilin, A.A.: Extreme Networks Theory. Institute of Computer Investigations, Moscow–Izhevsk (2003) (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 9.De Wet, P.O.: Geometric Steiner minimal trees, Thesis, UNISA, Pretoria, 2008 Google Scholar
- 10.Ivanov, A.O., Tuzhilin, A.A.: The Steiner ratio: the current state. Mat. Vopr. Kibern. 11, 27–48 (2002) (in Russian). www.zentralblatt-math.org/zmath/en/search/?q=an:pre05531161 zbMATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- 11.Yue, M.: Steiner Trees. Shanghai Keji Publisher, Shanghai (2006) (in Chinese) Google Scholar