No observational evidence for diversity-enhancing productivity in Mediterranean shrublands?
A reply to Wardle
- 24 Downloads
KeywordsBiomass Observational Evidence Standing Biomass Total Species Richness Mediterranean Shrublands
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Abrams PA (1995): Monotonic or unimodal diversity-productivity gradients: what does competition theory predicts? Ecology 76: 2019–2027Google Scholar
- Grime JP (1973): Control of species diversity in herbaceous vegetation. J Environ Manage 1:151–167Google Scholar
- Hector A, Schmid B, Beierkuhnlein C, Caldeira MC, Diemer M, Dimitrakopoulos PG, Finn JA, Freitas H, Giller PS, Good J, Harris R, Högberg P, Huss-Dannell K, Joshi J, Jumpponen A, Körner C, Leadley PW, Loreau M, Minns A, Mulder CPH, O’Donovan G, Otway SJ, Pereira JS, Prinz A, Read DJ, Scherer-Lorenzen M, Schulze E-D, Siamantziouras A-SD, Spehn E, Terry AC, Troumbis AY, Woodward FI, Yachi S, Lawton JH (1999): Plant diversity and productivity experiments in European grasslands. Science 286:1123–1127Google Scholar
- Naeem S (2000): Reply to Wardle et al. Bull ESA 81:241–246Google Scholar
- Wardle DA (2001): No observational evidence for diversity-enhancing productivity in Mediterranean shrublands. Oecologia DOI 10.1007/s004420100753Google Scholar
- Wardle DA, Huston MA, Grime JP, Berendse F, Garnier E, Lauenroth WK, Setala H, Wilson SD (2000): Biodiversity and ecosystem function: an issue in Ecology. Bull ESA 81: 235–239Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 2001