A functional central limit theorem for diffusions on periodic submanifolds of ℝ N
- 54 Downloads
We prove a functional central limit theorem for diffusions on periodic sub- manifolds of ℝ N . The proof is an adaptation of a method presented in [BenLioPap] and [Bha] for proving functional central limit theorems for diffusions with periodic drift vectorfields. We then apply the central limit theorem in order to obtain a recurrence and a transience criterion for periodic diffusions. Other fields of applications could be heat-kernel estimates, similar to the ones obtained in [Lot].
Key words or phrasesFunctional central limit theorem Homogenization Asymptotic analysis Periodic diffusion Periodic manifold Recurrence Transience
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aubin, T.: Some nonlinear Problems in Riemannian Geometry. SMM, Springer Berlin, 1998Google Scholar
- 2.Bhattacharya, R.: A central limit theorem for diffusions with periodic coefficients. Annals of Probability, 13, 385–396 (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.Bensoussan, A., Lions, J.L., Papanicolaou, G.: Asymptotic Analysis for periodic Structures. North-Holland, 1978Google Scholar
- 4.Ethier, S., Kurtz, T.: Markov Processes: Characterization and Convergence. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New-York, 1986Google Scholar
- 5.Hsu, E. P.: Stochastic Analysis on Manifolds. AMS Graduate Studies in Mathematics 38, 2001Google Scholar
- 6.Jost, J.: Riemannian Geometry and geometric Analysis. 3ed. Universitext, Springer Berlin, 2002Google Scholar
- 9.Revuz, D., Yor, M.: Continuous Martingales and Brownian Motion. Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften 293, Springer Berlin, 1991Google Scholar