Vernon B. Mountcastle (1918–2015)
- 18 Downloads
Marco Cambiaghi was founded by the Alexander Bodini Research Fellowship in Developmental and Adolescent Psychiatry, from The Italian Academy for Advanced Studies in America, Columbia University.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflicts of interest
The corresponding authors state that there is no conflict of interest.
- 1.Nutt AE (2015) Vernon Mountcastle, neuroscientist dubbed ‘the Jacques Cousteau of the cortex,’ dies. The Washington Post. http://wapo.st/1ATy96h. Accessed 7 Mar 2019
- 2.Hubel DH (1981) Evolution of ideas on the primary visual cortex, 1955–1978: a biased historical account. https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/1981/hubel/lecture/. Accessed 7 Mar 2019
- 3.Mountcastle VB (2009) Autobiography. In: Squire LR (ed) History of neuroscience in autobiography, vol 6. Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp 344–380 (Society for Neuroscience)Google Scholar
- 5.Casanova MF, Opris I (2005) Recent advances on the modular organization of the cortex, Chap 2. Springer, Netherlands, pp 7–14Google Scholar
- 8.Society for Neuroscience. http://preview.sfn.org/sfn/about/volunteer-leadership/sfn-presidents. Accessed 7 Mar 2019
- 10.New York Times (2015). https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/18/health/vernon-b-mountcastle-brain-explorer-dies-at-96.html. Accessed 7 Mar 2019