Functional dizziness: diagnostic keys and differential diagnosis
Letter to the Editors
KeywordsSpecific Phobia Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo Vestibular Neuritis Vestibular Migraine Superior Semicircular Canal
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
We thank Judy Benson for copy-editing the manuscript. The work was supported by the German Ministry of Education and Research (Grant Nos. 01EO0901 and 01EO1401) and the Hertie Foundation.
Conflicts of interest
The four authors declare no conflict of interest.
- 7.Obermann M, Bock E, Sabev N, Lehmann N, Weber R. et al. (2015) Long-term outcome of vertigo and dizziness associated disorders following treatment in specialized tertiary care—the Dizziness and Vertigo Registry (DiVeR) study. J Neurol (in press)Google Scholar
- 10.Huppert D, Kunihiro T, Brandt T (1995) Phobic postural vertigo (154 patients): its association with vestibular disorders. J Audiol Med 4:97–103Google Scholar
- 13.Feuerecker R, Habs M, Dieterich M, Strupp M (2015) Phobic postural vertigo: fewer symptoms in the early morning—a comparison with downbeat nystagmus syndrome and bilateral vestibulopathy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry (in press)Google Scholar
- 15.APA (2013) Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders: DSM-5, 5th edn. American Psychiatric Publishing, WashingtonGoogle Scholar
- 16.World Health Organisation (1993) The ICD-10 classification of mental and behavioral disorders. Clinical description and diagnostic guidelines. WHO, GenevaGoogle Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015