Pre–clinical diagnosis of Alzheimer disease combining platelet amyloid precursor protein ratio and rCBF spect analysis
- 116 Downloads
Platelet Amyloid Precursor Protein ratio of different abnormal forms and 99mTc–ECD SPECT perfusion analysis were evaluated in Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) subjects who progressed to Alzheimer Disease (AD) and in stable MCI. We report that their combined evaluation increases the discriminative power of the analysis in identifying presymptomatic AD. The positive predictive value of these combined markers in identifying progressive MCI was 0.87, and the negative predictive value was 0.90. This observation suggests that the interplay of different markers should be considered for enhancing diagnostic accuracy of pre–clinical AD.
Key wordsAlzheimer disease mild cognitive impairment amyloid precursor protein platelets SPECT
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Borroni B, Colciaghi F, Caltagirone C, Rozzini L, Broglio L, Cattabeni F, Di Luca M, Padovani A (2003) Platelet Amyloid Precursor Protein Abnormalities in mild cognitive impairment predict conversion to dementia of Alzheimer type: a 2–year follow–up study. Arch Neurol 60:1740–1744CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.Padovani A, Pastorino L, Borroni B, Colciaghi F, Rozzini L, Monastero R, Perez J, Pettinati C, Mussi M, Parinello G, Cottini E, Lenzi GL, Trabucchi M, Cattabeni F, Di Luca M (2001) Amyloid Precursor Protein in Platelets: a peripheral marker for the diagnosis of sporadic AD. Neurology 57:2243–2248PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 9.Tatsch K, Asenbaum S, Bartenstein P, Catafau A, Haldin C, Pilowsky LS, Pupi A; European Association of Nuclear Medicine (2002) European Association of Nuclear Medicine procedure guidelines for brain perfusion SPET using (99m)Tc–labelled radiopharmaceuticals. Eur J Nucl Mol Imaging 29:BP36–42CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Brett M, Anton JL, Valabregue R, Poline JB (2002) Region of interest analysis using an SPM toolbox. NeuroImage 16:abstract N2Google Scholar
- 11.Okamura N, Arai H, Maruyama M, Higuchi M, Matsui T, Tanji H, Seki T, Hirai H, Chiba H, Itoh M, Sasaki H (2002) Combined analysis of CSF Tau levels and 123I–Iodoamphetamine SPECT in Mild Cognitive Impairment: implications for a novel predictor of Alzheimer's disease. Am J Psychiatry 159:474–476 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar