Population data of 23 Y STRs from Manchu population of Liaoning Province, Northeast China
- 106 Downloads
Mongol-like-horsemen-turned-merchants from Manchuria are known as Manchus, originally their homeland was centered around what is nowadays the city of Shenyang in Northeast China. Previously, worldwide analysis of Y-chromosomal haplotype diversity for 23 STR loci and Y-STR databases with PowerPlex® Y23 System (Promega Corporation Madison, USA) kit were created with collaborative efforts, but Manchu population data was missing. In current study, PowerPlex® Y23 System loci were examined in 328 unrelated Manchu male individuals from Xiuyan and Huanren Manchu autonomous counties in Liaoning province, to calculate the forensic parameters of the 23 STR loci. A total of 323 different haplotypes were observed on these 23 Y-STR loci. The gene diversities ranged from 0.3820 (DYS391) to 0.9696 (DYS385a, b). The overall haplotype diversity was 0.9999 ± 0.0002 at PowerPlex® Y23 System. Rst pairwise analyses, multidimensional scaling plot, and linear discriminatory analysis showed the genetic structure of Manchu population was significantly different from some of Chinese populations like Tibetan and Uyghur. Results of our study showed that PowerPlex® Y23 System marker set provided substantially stronger discriminatory power in Manchu population of China.
KeywordsPowerPlex® Y23 System Forensic Manchu, Shenyang, China
This project is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of P. R. China (NSFC, No. 81671872), Ministry of Finance, P. R. China.
Compliance with ethical standards
All participants gave their informed consent in writing after the study aims and procedures were carefully explained to them in their own language. The study was approved by the ethical review board of the China Medical University, Shenyang Liaoning Province, People’s Republic of China, and in accordance with the standards of the Declaration of Helsinki.
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Elegant RS (1980) Manchu. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Zhan X, Adnan A, Zhou Y, Khan A, Kasim K, McNevin D (2018) Forensic characterization of 15 autosomal STRs in four populations from Xinjiang, China, and genetic relationships with neighboring populations. Sci Rep 8: .doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-22975-6
- 8.Purps J, Siegert S, Willuweit S, Nagy M, Alves C, Salazar R, Angustia SMT, Santos LH, Anslinger K, Bayer B, Ayub Q, Wei W, Xue Y, Tyler-Smith C, Bafalluy MB, Martínez-Jarreta B, Egyed B, Balitzki B, Tschumi S, Ballard D, Court DS, Barrantes X, Bäßler G, Wiest T, Berger B, Niederstätter H, Parson W, Davis C, Budowle B, Burri H, Borer U, Koller C, Carvalho EF, Domingues PM, Chamoun WT, Coble MD, Hill CR, Corach D, Caputo M, D’Amato ME, Davison S, Decorte R, Larmuseau MHD, Ottoni C, Rickards O, Lu D, Jiang C, Dobosz T, Jonkisz A, Frank WE, Furac I, Gehrig C, Castella V, Grskovic B, Haas C, Wobst J, Hadzic G, Drobnic K, Honda K, Hou Y, Zhou D, Li Y, Hu S, Chen S, Immel UD, Lessig R, Jakovski Z, Ilievska T, Klann AE, García CC, de Knijff P, Kraaijenbrink T, Kondili A, Miniati P, Vouropoulou M, Kovacevic L, Marjanovic D, Lindner I, Mansour I, al-Azem M, Andari AE, Marino M, Furfuro S, Locarno L, Martín P, Luque GM, Alonso A, Miranda LS, Moreira H, Mizuno N, Iwashima Y, Neto RSM, Nogueira TLS, Silva R, Nastainczyk-Wulf M, Edelmann J, Kohl M, Nie S, Wang X, Cheng B, Núñez C, Pancorbo MM, Olofsson JK, Morling N, Onofri V, Tagliabracci A, Pamjav H, Volgyi A, Barany G, Pawlowski R, Maciejewska A, Pelotti S, Pepinski W, Abreu-Glowacka M, Phillips C, Cárdenas J, Rey-Gonzalez D, Salas A, Brisighelli F, Capelli C, Toscanini U, Piccinini A, Piglionica M, Baldassarra SL, Ploski R, Konarzewska M, Jastrzebska E, Robino C, Sajantila A, Palo JU, Guevara E, Salvador J, Ungria MCD, Rodriguez JJR, Schmidt U, Schlauderer N, Saukko P, Schneider PM, Sirker M, Shin KJ, Oh YN, Skitsa I, Ampati A, Smith TG, Calvit LS, Stenzl V, Capal T, Tillmar A, Nilsson H, Turrina S, de Leo D, Verzeletti A, Cortellini V, Wetton JH, Gwynne GM, Jobling MA, Whittle MR, Sumita DR, Wolańska-Nowak P, Yong RYY, Krawczak M, Nothnagel M, Roewer L (2014) A global analysis of Y-chromosomal haplotype diversity for 23 STR loci. Forensic SciInt Genet 12:12–23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2014.04.008 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Gusmão L, Butler JM, Carracedo A, Gill P, Kayser M, Mayr WR, Morling N, Prinz M, Roewer L, Tyler-Smith C, Schneider PM (2006) DNA Commission of the International Society of Forensic Genetics (ISFG): an update of the recommendations on the use of Y-STRs in forensic analysis. Int J Legal Med 120:191–200CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.R Core Team (2015) R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, ViennaGoogle Scholar