Management of ear lobule keloids using 980-nm diode laser
- 265 Downloads
The objective of the study was to evaluate the 980-nm diode laser in conjunction with corticosteroids in the treatment of ear lobule keloids. Several methods have been described for the treatment of keloid scars, but none of them have been 100% successful. Advances in laser techniques have enabled surgeons to define the most appropriate lasers for use in the treatment of different scar types. The diode laser pulses are delivered interstitially in a single repeated mode in non-overlapping sites using a bare optical fiber, followed by intralesional triamcinolone acetonide injection. The number of sessions varies between two to five for the management of more than 75% of keloid size, with a total success rate of 75% and no recurrence in the follow-up of 12 months. The technique used proved to be effective in the treatment of ear lobule keloids.
KeywordsEar lobule keloids 980-nm diode laser Triamcinolone acetonide
Conflict of interest
We hereby declare that we have no conflict of interest or any financial relationship with any organization that sponsored the research.
- 5.Alster TS, Railan D (2005) Scar Goldman book, chap 10Google Scholar
- 6.Miyasaki MA (2004) Shedding light on the soft tissue laser. Signature 11(1):11–13Google Scholar
- 13.Fitzpatrik TB (1975) Soleil et peau. J Med Esthet 2:33034Google Scholar
- 32.Verma KK, Garg T, Raj T (2002) Carbon dioxide laser for the treatment of keloids. Indian J Dermatol 4–7(2):91–93Google Scholar
- 34.Wendt-Nordahl G, Huckele S, Honeck P, Alken P, Knoll T, Michel MS, Hacker A (2007) 980-nm Diode Laser: a novel laser technology for vaporization of the prostate. Europeanurology 52:1723–1728Google Scholar