2018 Continues Record Global Ocean Warming
The IAP analysis is supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (Grant Nos. 2017YFA0603202 and 2016YFC1401705). We appreciate Tim BOYER from NOAA/NCEI to provide the in-situ ocean observations from NOAA/NCEI that were used in this analysis. Author contributions: L. C. and J. Z. are responsible for the IAP analysis and drafted the initial manuscript, with subsequent help from J. A., K. E. T. Authors J.A., K. E. T., J. F., Z. B., F. Y., L. W., X. C. and X. S. provide continual and vital support to the IAP analysis and activities, and contributed to refining this manuscript.
- Argo, 2000: Argo float data and metadata from global data assembly Centre (Argo GDAC). SEANOE, https://doi.org/10.17882/42182Google Scholar
- Boyer, T. P., and Coauthors, 2013: World ocean database 2013. NOAA Atlas NESDIS 72, 209 pp.Google Scholar
- Fasullo, J. T., and R. S. Nerem, 2018: Altimeter-era emergence of the patterns of forced sea-level rise in climate models and implications for the future. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 115, 12 944–12 949, https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1813233115.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- IPCC, 2018: Summary for Policymakers, Masson-Delmotte et al., Eds., Global Warming of 1.5°C. An IPCC Special Report on the Impacts of Global Warming of 1.5°C above Pre-Industrial Levels and Related Global Greenhouse Gas Emission Pathways, in the Context of Strengthening the Global Response to the Threat of Climate Change, Sustainable Development, and Efforts to Eradicate Poverty, World Meteorological Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 32 pp.Google Scholar
- Nerem, R. S., B. D. Beckley, J. T. Fasullo, B. D. Hamlington, D. Masters, and G. T. Mitchum, 2018: Climate-change-driven accelerated sea-level rise detected in the altimeter era. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 115(9), 2022–2025, https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1717312115.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Rhein, M., and Coauthors, 2013: Observations: Ocean. Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, T. F. Stocker et al., Eds., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, New York, NY, USA.Google Scholar