LDPC Codes from \(\mu \)-Geodetic Graphs Obtained from Block Designs
- 18 Downloads
In this paper we study low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes spanned by rows of the adjacency matrices of \(\mu \)-geodetic graphs obtained from 2-\((v,k,\lambda )\) designs. This construction can be applied to any 2-\((v,k,\lambda )\) design, but in this paper we focus on the LDPC codes from \(\mu \)-geodetic graphs obtained from 2-\((v,3,\lambda )\) designs since their Tanner graphs are free of 4-cycles. We analyse some properties of the constructed LDPC codes and discuss code length, dimension and minimum distance. Further, we discuss absorbing sets of these LDPC codes and give an expression for the expectation of a syndrome weight of the constructed LDPC codes. Information on the constructed LDPC codes, such as their parameters, is presented as well.
KeywordsLDPC code \(\mu \)-Geodetic graph Block design
Mathematics Subject Classification94B05 05C99 05B05
This work has been fully supported by Croatian Science Foundation under the project 6732. The authors would like to thank the anonymous referees for the helpful comments and suggestions.
- 6.Diao, Q., Tai, Y.Y., Lin, S., Abdel-Ghaffar, K.: Trapping Set Structure of LDPC Codes on Finite Geometries. IEEE Int. Symp. on Inf. Theory, pp 3088–3092 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Diestel, R.: Graph theory, Fourth edition, Graduate Texts in Mathematics 173. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Fujiwara, Y.: Instantaneous quantum channel estimation during quantum information processing. (2014). arXiv:1405.6267
- 12.Grassl, M.: Bounds on the minimum distance of linear codes and quantum codes. http://www.codetables.de, Accessed 29 Jan 2016
- 14.Ivanov, F., Zyablov, V.: LDPC codes based on Steiner quadruple systems and permutation matrices. In: Fourteenth International Workshop on Algebraic and Combinatorial Coding Theory, Svetlogorsk, Russia pp. 175–180 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Johnson, S.J., Weller, S.R.: Construction of low-density parity-check codes from Kirkman triple systems. IEEE Global Commun. Conf. 2, 970–974 (2001)Google Scholar
- 21.Pacher, C., Grabenweger, P., Simos, D.E.: Weight distribution of the syndrome of linear codes and connections to combinatorial designs. Inform. Theory (ISIT), pp. 3038–3042 (2016)Google Scholar