Total Version of the Domination Game
- 173 Downloads
In this paper, we continue the study of the domination game in graphs introduced by Brešar et al. (SIAM J Discret Math 24:979–991, 2010). We study the total version of the domination game and show that these two versions differ significantly. We present a key lemma, known as the Total Continuation Principle, to compare the Dominator-start total domination game and the Staller-start total domination game. Relationships between the game total domination number and the total domination number, as well as between the game total domination number and the domination number, are established.
KeywordsDomination game Total domination number
Mathematics Subject Classification05C57 91A43 05C69
Research supported in part by the South African National Research Foundation and the University of Johannesburg, by the Ministry of Science of Slovenia under the Grants P1-0297, and by a Grant from the Simons Foundation (#209654 to Douglas Rall) and by the Wylie Enrichment Fund of Furman University. We thank the referees for several useful suggestions.
- 5.Bujtás, Cs.: Domination game on trees without leaves at distance four. In: Frank, A., Recski, A., Wiener, G. (eds.) Proceedings of the 8th Japanese-Hungarian Symposium on Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications, June 4–7, pp. 73–78. Veszprém, Hungary (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Bujtás, Cs.: Domination game on forests, arXiv:1404.1382 (2014)
- 7.Dorbec, P., Košmrlj, G., Renault, G.: The domination game played on unions of graphs. Discret. Math. (2013) (accepted)Google Scholar
- 9.Henning, M.A., Yeo, A.: Total Domination in Graphs. Springer Monographs in Mathematics. Springer, New York, ISBN-13: 978–1461465249 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Kinnersley, W.B., West, D.B., Zamani, R.: Game domination for grid-like graphs (2012, unpublished manuscript)Google Scholar
- 13.Zamani, R.: Hamiltonian cycles through specified edges in bipartite graphs, domination game, and the game of revolutionaries and spies. Ph. D. Thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Pro-Quest/UMI, Ann Arbor (Publication No. AAT 3496787) (2011)Google Scholar