Future scenarios of mixed reality: the INTUITION roadmap scenarios
- 107 Downloads
INTUITION is a Network of Excellence that aims to integrate the European research efforts on the scientific and technological field of Virtual and Mixed Reality. To perform that, a series of activities have taken place in order to gather knowledge regarding actors and research profiles, projects and research results, products and patents. Having a clear view of research needs and technology trends the Network has envisioned the research goals that need to be pursued within the years to come. The starting point is a set of visionary scenarios which set out the picture for the technological and scientific advances that need to take place. Within this paper a set of indicative scenarios on a higher and descriptive level are provided and the way they contribute to the roadmap definition is explained. With this report we want to share these scenarios and our initial thoughts to stimulate a broader discussion and invite people from all relevant backgrounds to enter the knowledge creation process. The paper is a collective production of the INTUITION Consortium.
KeywordsVirtual environments Augmented reality Mixed reality Technology roadmap Technology scenarios
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amditis, A., Bimpas, M., Blach, R.: Towards networked and structured VR European research area: intuition network of excellence and future research challenges. MMI-Interaktiv 12, 43–54 (2007) Google Scholar
- 2.Blach, R., Dangelmeier, M., Bimpas, M., Frangakis, N., Walzack, K., Gravez, P., Bourdot, P.: ERA structuring plan and future research activities. INTUITION Deliverable (2006) Google Scholar
- 3.Groenveld, P.: Roadmapping integrates business and technology, Res. Technol. Manag. 40(5) (1997) Google Scholar
- 4.Hepp, M., Bachlechner, D., Siorpaes, K.: Harvesting Wiki consensus—using Wikipedia entries as ontology elements. In: Proceedings of the 1st Workshop: SemWiki2006—From Wiki to Semantics, co-located with the 3rd Annual European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2006), June 12, Budva, Montenegro (2006) Google Scholar
- 5.Leuf, B., Cunningham, W.: The Wiki Way: Quick Collaboration on the Web. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2001) Google Scholar
- 6.Phaal, C., Farrukh, J.P., Probert, D.R.: Collaborative technology roadmapping: network development and research prioritisation. Int. J. Technol. Intel. Plan. 1(1) (2004) Google Scholar