Collocation method to solve inequality-constrained optimal control problems of arbitrary order
- 30 Downloads
In this paper, the generalized fractional order of the Chebyshev functions (GFCFs) based on the classical Chebyshev polynomials of the first kind is used to obtain the solution of optimal control problems governed by inequality constraints. For this purpose positive slack functions are added to inequality conditions and then the operational matrix for the fractional derivative in the Caputo sense, reduces the problems to those of solving a system of algebraic equations. It is shown that the solutions converge as the number of approximating terms increases, and the solutions approach to classical solutions as the order of the fractional derivatives approach one. The applicability and validity of the method are shown by numerical results of some examples, moreover a comparison with the existing results shows the preference of this method.
KeywordsOptimal control problems Fractional calculus Chebyshev functions Operational matrix Convergence analysis
We have to express our appreciation to the reviewers for their helpful comments which improve the quality of this work.
- 5.Yang XJ, Machado JAT (2015) A new insight into complexity from the local fractional calculus view point: modelling growths of populations, Math. Methods Appl. Sci. https://doi.org/10.1002/mma.3765
- 8.Kilbas AA, Srivastava HM, Trujillo JJ (2006) Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations. In: North-Holland Mathematics Studies, 204, Elsevier Science B.V, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 15.Zeid SS, Effati S, Kamyad AV (2016) Approximation methods for solving fractional optimal control problems, Computational and Applied Mathematics https://doi.org/10.1007/s40314-017-0424-2
- 16.Rabiei K, Ordokhani Y, Babolian E (2017) Fractional-order Boubaker functions and their applications in solving delay fractional optimal control problems, J. Vib. Control. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077546317705041
- 17.Almeida R, Torres DFM (2015) A discrete method to solve fractional optimal control problems, Nonlinear Dyn. 2015; 80(2), 1811-1816Google Scholar
- 18.Safaie E, Farahi M.H., Ardehaie M Farmani (2015) An approximate method for numerically solving multi-dimensional delay fractional optimal control problems by Bernstein polynomials, Computational and Applied Mathematics, 34(3) , 831-846Google Scholar
- 20.Drefus SF (1962) Variational problems with state variable inequality constraint. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 4:291–301Google Scholar
- 26.Wang X, Peng H, Zhang S, Chen B, Zhong W (2017) A symplectic pseudospectra method for nonlinear optimal control problems with inequality constraints, ISA Transactions https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isatra.2017.02.018
- 31.Parand K, Abbasbandy S, Kazem S, Rezaei AR (2011) An improved numerical method for a class of astrophysics problems based on radial basis functions, Phys. Scr. 83 (11) Google Scholar
- 41.Ordokhani Y, Razzaghi M (2005) Linear quadratic optimal control problems with inequality constraints via Rationalizes Haar functions, DCDIS Series B: Applications and Algorithms, 761-773Google Scholar