Development of a novel soft-computing framework for the simulation aims: a case study
- 479 Downloads
The simulation of blast-induced air-overpressure (AOp) has been a major area of interest in the recent years, and many models have been employed in this field. The scope of this paper is to propose a novel soft-computing framework for predicting the AOp through the implementation of hybrid evolutionary model based on artificial neural network (ANN) with teaching–learning-based optimization (TLBO). The parameters considered during the formulation of the prediction model were maximum charge per delay, rock mass rating, and distance from the blasting face as the inputs and AOp as the output. Totally, 85 blasting events in Shur river dam region have been monitored and the mentioned parameters have been measured. Then, the performances and prediction efficiency of the models have been compared on the basis of performance indices, namely the R square (R2), root-mean-square error (RMSE). The obtained results show that the ANN–TLBO with R2 of 0.932 and RMSE of 2.56 yields the better performance for the prediction of AOp as compared to ANN. As a conclusion, it can be found that the proposed ANN–TLBO model has an excellent potential for the prediction aims.
KeywordsBlasting Air-overpressure Hybrid model ANN–TLBO
The authors really appreciate Dr. Mahdi Hasanipanah who allowed us to access and use his data.
- 8.Roy PP (2005) Rock blasting effects and operations. A.A Balkema, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- 10.Siskind DE, Stachura VJ, Stagg MS, Koop JW (1980). In: Siskind DE (ed) Structure response and damage produced by airblast from surface mining. United States Bureau of Mines, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- 25.Gao W, Farahani MR, Aslam A, Hosamani S (2017) Distance learning techniques for ontology similarity measuring and ontology mapping. Clust Comput J Netw Softw Tools Appl 20(2):959–968Google Scholar
- 31.Çelik Ö, Teke A, Yıldırım HB (2016) The optimized artificial neural network model with Levenberg–Marquardt algorithm for global solar radiation estimation in Eastern Mediterranean Region of Turkey. J Clean Prod 116(Supplement C): 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.12.082 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 32.Kaur T, Kumar S, Segal R (2016) Application of artificial neural network for short term wind speed forecasting. In: Paper presented at the 2016 Biennial international conference on power and energy systems: towards sustainable energy (PESTSE)Google Scholar