Bivariate extension of (dynamic) cumulative residual and past inaccuracy measures
- 96 Downloads
In a recent paper, Kundu et al. (Metrika 79:335–356, 2016) study the notion of cumulative residual inaccuracy (CRI) and cumulative past inaccuracy (CPI) measures in univariate setup as a generalization of cumulative residual entropy and cumulative past entropy, respectively. Here we address the question of extending the definition of CRI (CPI) to bivariate setup and study their properties. We also prolong these measures to conditionally specified models of two components having possibly different ages or failed at different time instants called conditional CRI (CCRI) and conditional CPI (CCPI), respectively. We provide some bounds on using usual stochastic order and investigate several properties of CCRI (CCPI) including the effect of linear transformation. Moreover, we characterize some bivariate distributions.
KeywordsCumulative residual (past) inaccuracy Conditionally specified model Conditional proportional (reversed) hazard rate Usual stochastic order
Mathematics Subject ClassificationPrimary: 62B10 Secondary: 94A17 62N05 62H05
The authors warmly thank the Editor-in-Chief of the journal and two anonymous reviewers for their constructive comments and suggestions leading to an improved version of the manuscript. The financial support (Ref. No. SR/FTP/MS-016/2012) rendered by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India is acknowledged with thanks by C. Kundu for carrying out this research work.
- Arnold BC (1995) Conditional survival models. In: Balakrishnan N (ed) Recent advances in life testing and reliability. CRC Press, Boca Raton, pp 589–601Google Scholar
- Di Crescenzo A, Longobardi M (2009b) On cumulative entropies and lifetime estimations. In: International work-conference on the interplay between natural and artificial computation. Springer, Berlin, pp 132–141Google Scholar
- Di Crescenzo A, Longobardi M (2013) Stochastic comparisons of cumulative entropies. In: Stochastic orders in reliability and risk. Lecture notes in statistics 208. Springer, New York, pp 167–182Google Scholar
- Cahill ND, Schnabel JA, Noble JA, Hawkes DJ (2009) Overlap invariance of cumulative residual entropy measures for multimodal image alignment. In: SPIE medical imaging, 72590I-72590I. International society for optics and photonicsGoogle Scholar
- Misagh F, Panahi Y, Yari GH, Shahi R (2011) Weighted cumulative entropy and its estimation. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on quality and reliability (ICQR), pp 477–480Google Scholar
- Nguyen HV, Müller E, Vreeken J, Keller F, Böhm K (2013) CMI: an information-theoretic contrast measure for enhancing subspace cluster and outlier detection. In: Proceedings of the SIAM international conference on data mining (SDM’13). Society for industrial and applied mathematics, Austin, Texas, USA, pp 198–206Google Scholar
- Taneja HC, Kumar V (2012) On dynamic cumulative residual inaccuracy measure. In: Ao SI et al (ed) Proceedings of the world congress on engineering, vol 1, London, UK, pp 153–156Google Scholar
- Wang FE, Vemuri BC, Rao M, Chen Y (2003) A new and robust information theoretic measure and its application to image alignment. In: Proceedings of the international conference on information processing in medical imaging, Ambleside, UK, pp 388–400Google Scholar