Reversed hazard rate order of equilibrium distributions and a related aging notion
This paper deals with preservation of the reversed hazard rate order between equilibrium random variables under formations of some reliability structures. We further investigate a new aging notion based upon the reversed hazard rate order between a random life and its equilibrium version. A nonparametric method is developed to test the exponentiality against such a strict aging property, some numerical results are presented as well.
KeywordsDMRL IFRA Likelihood ratio order NBRUrh Nonhomogeneous Poisson shock model Parallel Series TTT plot U-statistics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barlow RE, Campo R (1975) Total time on test processes and applications to failure date analysis. In: Barlow RE, Fussell J, Singpurwala ND (eds) Reliability and fault tree analysis. SIAM, Philadelphia, pp 451–481Google Scholar
- Barlow RE, Proschan F (1981) Statistical theory of reliability and life testing. Silver Spring, MarylandGoogle Scholar
- Cao J, Wang Y (1991) The NBUC and NWUC classes of life distributions. J Appl Probab 28, 473–479 (Correction. J. Appl. Probab. 29, 753 (1992))Google Scholar
- Hu T, Kundu A, Nanda AK (2001) On generalized orderings and aging properties with their implications. In: Hayakawa Y, Irony T, Xie M (eds) System and Bayesian Reliability. World Scientific Printers, SingaporeGoogle Scholar
- Jean-Louis B, Abbas I (2005) Aging properties and series system. J Appl Probab 42:279C286Google Scholar
- Karlin S (1968) Total Positivity, Vol I. Stanford University Press, StanfordGoogle Scholar
- Lee AJ (1989) U-Statistics. Marcell-Dekker, New YorkGoogle Scholar