Bayesian Local Influence of Generalized Failure Time Models with Latent Variables and Multivariate Censored Data
- 16 Downloads
We develop a Bayesian local influence procedure for generalized failure time models with latent variables and multivariate censored data. We propose to use the penalized splines (P-splines) approach to formulate the unknown functions of the proposed models. We assess the effects of minor perturbations to individual observations, the prior distributions of parameters, and the sampling distribution on statistical inference through various perturbation schemes. The first-order local influence measure is used to quantify the degree of minor perturbations to different aspects of a statistical model with the use of Bayes factor as an objective function. Simulation studies show that the empirical performance of the Bayesian local influence procedure is satisfactory. An application to a study of renal disease for type 2 diabetes patients is presented.
KeywordsBayesian local influence Latent variables Multivariate censored data P-splines approximation Perturbation schemes
This research was supported by GRF 14305014 and 14601115 from the Research Grant Council of the Hong Kong Special Administration Region, Direct Grants from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 11471277).
- Bentler, P.M., & Wu, E. (2002). EQS6: structural equations program manual Encino, CA: Multivariate Software.Google Scholar
- Berger, J.O., Rios Insua, D., Ruggeri, F. (2000). Bayesian robustness. Robust Bayesian Analysis, 1-32. In Rios Insua, D., & Ruggeri, F. (Eds.) Lecture Notes in Statistics, 152. New York: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Dey, D.K., Ghosh, S.K., Lou, K.R. (1996). On local sensitivity measures in Bayesian analysis (with discussion). Bayesian Robustness, 21-40. In Berger, J.O., Betro, B., Moreno, E., Pericchi, L.R., Ruggeri, F., Salinetti, G., Wasserman, L. (Eds.) IMS Lecture Notes-Monograph Series, 29, Hayward, CA.Google Scholar
- Jöreskog, K.G., & Sörbom, D. (1996). LISREL 8: User’s Reference Guide. Scientific Software International.Google Scholar
- Song, X.Y., & Lee, S.Y. (2004a). Local influence of two-level latent variable models with continuous and polytomous data. Statistica Sinica, 14, 317–332.Google Scholar
- Song, X.Y., & Lee, S.Y. (2004b). Local influence analysis for mixture of structural equation models. Journal of Classification, 21, 111–137.Google Scholar