Comparison of CCD, CMOS and intensified cameras
- 1.7k Downloads
The properties of digital cameras are often important to obtain accurate results with image based measurement techniques. Unfortunately, a detailed comparison of the sensor specifications and performance is not accessible as this information is normally not provided by the manufacturers and no generally accepted comparison standard exists. Therefore, a detailed quantitative comparison was performed to evaluate and assess the characteristics of state-of-the-art CCD, CMOS and intensified CMOS sensors. These results may be of assistance when selecting the appropriate sensor for a desired application.
- European machine vision association (2005) 1288 EMVA standard compliant, standard for characterization and presentation of specification data for image sensors and cameras. European machine vision association, Release A1.00Google Scholar
- Janesick JR (2001) Scientific charge-coupled devices. SPIE PRESS MonographGoogle Scholar
- Jähne B (2004) Vergleichende analyse moderner Bildsensoren für die optische Messtechnik. Sensoren und Messsysteme 2004, VDI, Düsseldorf, VDI-Berichte 1829:317–324Google Scholar
- Strüder L, von Zanthier C (1998) Elektronische Bildwandlung. Phys Bl 54: 519-523Google Scholar
- Theuwissen AJP (1995) Solid-state imaging with charge-coupled devices. Solid-State Science and Technology Library, KluwerGoogle Scholar