snr-enhanced continuous spatial filtering velocimetry on a high-speed circuit breaker using linear cmos
- 20 Downloads
An optical spatial filtering velocimeter that measures the velocity of a high-voltage circuit breaker is proposed. We examined the velocimeter theoretically and obtained the requirements for spatial filters (SFs), such as the transmission function. Theoretical analyses and experiments show that the sinusoidal transmission function spatial filter (STSF) provides a higher signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and better accuracy than the traditional rectangular transmission function spatial filter (RTSF). Experiments show that spatial filtering velocimetry (SFV) with an STSF can yield better measurement results than those produced with an RTSF.
Funding was received from National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) (Nos. 61775065 and 41406108) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, HUST (2016YXMS206).
- 2.M.S. Kushwaha, B. Djafari-Rouhani, Proc. SPIE Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 15(1), 112 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.D.B. Holtkamp, Survey of optical velocimetry experiments —applications of PDV, a heterodyne velocimeter (IEEE, New York, 2007), p. 119Google Scholar
- 11.O.V. Angelsky, P.P. Maksimyak, Maksimyak, Proc. SPIE Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 32(2), 267 (1993)Google Scholar
- 13.Y. Aizu, T. Asakura, Spatial Filtering Velocimetry (Springer, Berlin, 2006)Google Scholar
- 16.D. Kang, J. Liqi, J. Vib. Eng. 14(3), 354 (2001) (in Chinese) Google Scholar