Optical investigation of nanophotonic lithium niobate-based optical waveguide
- 385 Downloads
Lithium niobate (LiNbO3) nanophotonics are prepared on quartz substrate by sol–gel method. They have been deposited with different molarity concentrations and annealed at 500 °C. These samples are characterized and analyzed by scanning electron microscope, atomic force microscopy, X-ray diffraction and ultraviolet–visible. The measured results show an importance of increasing molarity that indicates the structure starts to crystallize to become more regular. The estimated lattice constants, energy gaps and refractive index give good accordance with experimental results. Also, the calculated refractive index and optical dielectric constant are in agreement with experimental data.
KeywordsLiNbO3 Nb2O5 Optical Waveguide Lithium Niobate Optical Dielectric Constant
Y.A. would like to thank University Malaysia Perlis for Grant Nos. 9007-00111 and 9007-00185 and TWAS-Italy for the full support of his visit to JUST-Jordan under a TWAS-UNESCO Associateship. K.D.V. would like to acknowledge U.G.C., New Delhi, India, for providing financial assistance in the form of Major Research Project [Code: 42-856/2013(SR)].
- 1.D. Janner, D. Tulli, M. Jofre, D. Yudistira, S. Balsamo, M. Belmonte, V. Pruneri, Domain inverted acousto- and electrooptic devices and their application to optical communication, sensing, laser sources, and quantum key distribution. IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 19, 34006–34016 (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.P. Kumar, S.M. Baru, S. Perero, R.M.L. Sai, I. Bhamik, S. Ganesamoorthy, A.K. Karnal, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, high-resolution X-ray direction and refractive index analyses of Ti-doped lithium niobate (Ti:LiNbO3) nonlinear optical single crystal. J. Phys. 75, 1035–1040 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.A. Tumuluri, K.L. Naidu, K.C. James Raju, Band gap determination using Tauc’s plot for LiNbO3 thin films. Int. J. ChemTech. Res. 6, 3353–3356 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.D.A. Kiselev, R.N. Zhukov, A.S. Bykov, M.D. Malinkovich, Y.N. Parkhomenko, in Growth and Investigation of LiNbO3 Thin Films at Nanoscale by Scanning Force Microscopy, PIERS Proceedings, Moscow, Russia (2012)Google Scholar
- 28.N. Argiolas, M. Bazzan, E. Cattaruzza, A. Gasparini, P. Mazzoldi, C. Sada, A.D. Capobianco, E. Autizi, F.M. Pigozzo, A. Locatelli, L.C. Guarneri, Periodically poled lithium niobate structures grown by the off-center Czochralski technique for backward and forward second harmonic generation. Opt. Lasers Eng. 45, 373–379 (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar