Spectral phase shift and residual angular dispersion of an acousto-optic programmable dispersive filter
- 213 Downloads
Spectral phase shift and both types of wavelength dependent angular deviation introduced by an acousto-optic programmable dispersive filter (AOPDF) into a femtosecond laser beam at 800 nm have been measured with high precision. With the use of spectrally and spatially resolved interferometry, we have proved experimentally that the AOPDF controls the group delay dispersion (GDD) and third-order dispersion (TOD) with an accuracy of better than 1% and 3% of the preset values within the range of 10–1000 fs2 and 1000–40,000 fs3, respectively. The values of angular deviation and angular dispersion are primarily dependent on the set absolute value of GDD of the AOPDF when it is operating in continuous mode. Besides of a small offset value, there is no added angular dispersion at 0 fs2, while it can increase up to 0.2 μrad/nm at 10,000 fs2.
KeywordsAcoustic Wave Angular Deviation Acoustic Power Phase Front Spectral Phase
This work was supported by the Hungarian Scientific Research Found (OTKA) under Grant No. OTKA K75149. Support from the Access to Research Infrastructures activity of EU FP6 (contract RII3-CT-2003-506350, Laserlab Europe) for conducting the research is also acknowledged gratefully.
- 10.P. Tournois, Device for Controlling Light Pulses by a Programmable Acoustooptic Device. US Patent 6072813 (2000) Google Scholar
- 17.T. Oksenhendler, P. Rosseau, R. Herzog, O. Gobert, M. Pendrix, P. Meynadier, in CLEO 2003, Baltimore, MD, USA (2003), paper CWE1 Google Scholar
- 19.A. Börzsönyi, M. Mero, A.P. Kovács, M.P. Kalashnikov, K. Osvay, in AIP Conference Series, Light at Extreme Intensities 2009, vol. 1228, ed. by D. Dumitras (Brasov, 2010), pp. 138–143 Google Scholar
- 21.F.A. Jenkins, H.A. White, Fundamentals of Optics, 4th edn. (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1976) Google Scholar
- 22.M. Born, E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, 6th edn. (Pergamon, Oxford, 1980) Google Scholar
- 23.J.C. Diels, W. Rudolph, Ultrashort Laser Pulse Phenomena, 2nd edn. (Springer, Berlin, 2005) Google Scholar
- 30.M.P. Kalashnikov, K. Osvay, H. Schönnagel, R. Volkov, W. Sandner, in CLEO 2011, Baltimore, MD, USA (2011), paper CWG3 Google Scholar