Characterization of an Yb:YAG ceramic waveguide laser, fabricated by the direct femtosecond-laser writing technique
- 276 Downloads
Using the direct femtosecond-laser writing technique tracks of modified material were written in an Yb(15%):YAG ceramic. Due to a stress-induced change of the refractive index between two parallel tracks waveguiding was achieved in channels between the tracks. Laser oscillation of these channel waveguides at a wavelength of 1030 nm was demonstrated with a maximum output power of 0.7 W. The investigation of two different outcoupling transmissions of 99% and 91% revealed that for the higher output coupling the slope efficiency is 35%, which is much lower in comparison to the case of lower output coupling with a slope efficiency of 65%. This effect may be explained by inversion dependent loss mechanisms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 20.T. Calmano, J. Siebenmorgen, K. Petermann, G. Huber, in Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO) (2010). Paper: CTuU2, OSA Technical Digest (CD) Google Scholar
- 24.M. Larionov, K. Schuhmann, J. Speiser, C. Stolzenburg, A. Giesen, in Advanced Solid-State Photonics (ASSP), Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, Washington, 2005). Paper TuB49 Google Scholar
- 25.S. Fredrich-Thornton, R. Peters, K. Petermann, G. Huber, in Advanced Solid-State Photonics (ASSP) (2009). Paper: TuB18, OSA Technical Digest Series (CD) Google Scholar
- 27.S. Fredrich-Thornton, J. Bisson, D. Kouznetsov, K. Ueda, K. Petermann, G. Huber, in Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/Quantum Electronics and Laser Science Conference and Photonic Applications Systems Technologies, OSA Technical Digest Series (CD) (Optical Society of America, Washington, 2007). Paper CFJ6 Google Scholar
- 28.U. Wolters, S.T. Fredrich-Thornton, F. Tellkamp, K. Petermann, G. Huber, in CLEO/Europe and EQEC 2009 Conference Digest (Optical Society of America, Washington, 2009). Paper CA9_2 Google Scholar