Photoconductivity in Yb-doped oxides at high excitation densities
- 202 Downloads
Photoconductivity has been found in the dielectric laser materials Yb3+:YAG and Yb3+:Lu2O3 under 940 nm irradiation with an unexpected high photocurrent up to several 100 nanoampères. The nonlinear intensity dependence points to the occurrence of a cooperative upconversion mechanism with 2–3 excited Yb3+-ions in YAG and 2 excited Yb3+-ions in Lu2O3 being involved. According to the results two tentative models of this upconversion process are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. Larionov, K. Schuhmann, J. Speiser, C. Stolzenburg, A. Giesen, in Advanced Solid-State Photonics, Vienna, Austria (2005). TuB49 Google Scholar
- 4.S.T. Fredrich, D. Fagundes-Peters, V. Peters, V. Laguta, K. Petermann, G. Huber, in 10th Europhysical Conference on Defects in Insulating Materials, Milano, Italy (2006). PMo74 Google Scholar
- 5.R. Peters, C. Kränkel, K. Petermann, G. Huber, in Advanced Solid-State Photonics, Nara, Japan (2008). MF2 Google Scholar
- 6.S.T. Fredrich-Thornton, R. Peters, K. Petermann, G. Huber, in Advanced Solid-State Photonics, Denver, USA (2009). TuB18 Google Scholar
- 9.N. Guerassimova, N. Garnier, C. Dujardin, A.G. Petrosyan, C. Pédrini, J. Lumin. 94–95, 10 (2001) Google Scholar
- 13.U. Wolters, S.T. Fredrich-Thornton, F. Tellkamp, K. Petermann, G. Huber, in CLEO/Europe-EQEC, Munich, Germany (2009). CA9.2 Google Scholar
- 14.B.G. Yacobi, Semiconductor Materials, An Introduction to Basic Principles (Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York, 2003) Google Scholar