Entanglement generation of Clifford quantum cellular automata
- 77 Downloads
Clifford quantum cellular automata (CQCAs) are a special kind of quantum cellular automata (QCAs) that incorporate Clifford group operations for the time evolution. Despite being classically simulable, they can be used as basic building blocks for universal quantum computation. This is due to the connection to translation-invariant stabilizer states and their entanglement properties. We will give a self-contained introduction to CQCAs and investigate the generation of entanglement under CQCA action. Furthermore, we will discuss finite configurations and applications of CQCAs.
KeywordsSpin Chain Symplectic Form Stabilizer Generator Binary String Pauli Matrice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.M. Schlingemann, H. Vogts, R.F. Werner, J. Math. Phys. 49 (2008) Google Scholar
- 2.J. Gütschow, S. Uphoff, R.F. Werner, Z. Zimborás, J. Math. Phys. (2009, submitted) Google Scholar
- 3.B. Schumacher, R.F. Werner, Preprint, 2004 Google Scholar
- 4.D. Shepherd, T. Franz, R.F. Werner, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97 (2006) Google Scholar
- 5.R. Raussendorf, Phys. Rev. A 72 (2005) Google Scholar
- 7.R. Raussendorf, Phys. Rev. A 72 (2005) Google Scholar
- 9.D. Gottesman, Ph.D. thesis, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, 1997 Google Scholar
- 10.D. Fattal, T.S. Cubitt, Y. Yamamoto, S. Bravyi, I.L. Chuang, Preprint, 2004 Google Scholar