Wave mixing in nominally undoped Sn2P2S6 at high light intensities
- First Online:
- 48 Downloads
The intensity dependence of the photorefractive response of Sn2P2S6 is studied for the Kr+-laser wavelength of 647 nm and pump-beam intensities of up to 10 W/cm2. A considerable enhancement of the two-beam coupling gain factor with increasing intensity at a grating spacing of ≃1 μm is attributed to a light-induced increase of the effective trap density. The large gain reached at high intensities is applied for the build up of a double phase conjugate mirror with a sub-millisecond switch-on time.
PACS42.65.Hw 42.65.Sf 42.65.Yj
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Günter, J.-P. Huignard (eds.), Photorefractive Materials and Their Applications 1, 2, 3 (Springer, Berlin, 2006–2007) Google Scholar
- 2.A. Shumelyuk, in Conf. Lasers and Electro-Optics 2001. OSA Tech. Dig. Ser., vol. 56 (Optical Society of America, Washington, 2001), p. 469 Google Scholar
- 5.A. Rüdiger, Ph.D. thesis, University of Osnabrück, 2001 Google Scholar
- 11.L. Solymar, D. Webb, A. Grunnet-Jepsen, The Physics and Applications of Photo-refractive Materials (Clarendon, Oxford, 1996) Google Scholar
- 14.Y. Kojima, A. Okamoto, A. Grabar, M. Takabayashi, K. Shimayabu, Experiments on double phase conjugate mirror with a photorefractive Sb:Sn2P2S6 crystal. Paper presented at Russia–CIS–Baltic–Japan Symp. Ferroelectricity, Vilnius, Lithuania, July 2008; submitted to Ferroelectrics Google Scholar
- 18.A. Shumelyuk, M. Wesner, M. Imlau, S. Odoulov, Opt. Lett. 34 (2009), accepted Google Scholar