Laser emission in Nd:YVO4 channel waveguides at 1064 nm
- 97 Downloads
In this work, we report 1064 nm laser emission in Nd:YVO4 channel waveguides fabricated by carbon implantation. Typical threshold pump powers (∼808 nm) were ≥45 mW. Maximum conversion efficiency was 11.5% (29.6% slope efficiency), and up to 9 mW of signal was delivered. Sample lengths of 4 mm were sufficient to completely absorb the pump power. The special spectral characteristics of this material such as broad absorption band and superior cross sections compared to the YAG crystal makes it suitable for developing compact sources to be integrated in optoelectronic devices.
PACS42.82.Et 42.70.Hj 42.60.-v
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C.C. Davis, Lasers and Electro-Optics: Fundamentals and Engineering, 1st edn. (University Press, Cambridge, 2000) Google Scholar
- 7.P.D. Townsend, P.J. Chandler, L. Zhang, Optical Effects of Ion Implantation (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2006) Google Scholar
- 11.M.E. Sánchez-Morales, Study of optical waveguides in Nd:YVO4 for the development of compact lasers. Doctoral thesis, CIO, Mexico (2007) Google Scholar
- 12.M. Young, Optics and Lasers (Springer, Berlin, 1992) Google Scholar
- 13.Y. Nobe, H. Takashima, T. Katsumata, Opt. Lett. 43, 16 (1217) (1994) Google Scholar