In-flight measurements of ambient methane, nitrous oxide and water using a quantum cascade laser based spectrometer
- 79 Downloads
In-flight measurements of ambient methane, nitrous oxide and water have been made using frequency down-chirped radiation from a compact, pulsed, quantum-cascade laser spectrometer. In three flights from Oxford airport in October 2006 the variations of the concentration of these three trace gases could be measured and related to possible sources in the flight path.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T.J. Blasing, S. Jones, Current Greenhouse Gas Concentrations, Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC), Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USAGoogle Scholar
- 2.IPCC 2001, Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2002)Google Scholar
- 4.G. Duxbury N. Langford, S. Wright, K. Hay, Development of the Strathclyde University QC laser spectrometer for the measurement of methane, nitrous oxide and water on the NERC ARSF Dornier Aircraft, presented at the 6th Int. Conf. on Tuneable Diode Laser Spectroscopy, Reims, France, July 2007Google Scholar
- 5.K. Hay, G. Duxbury, N. Langford, Quantum Cascade Laser Spectrometer Measurements of Atmospheric Water, Nitrous Oxide and Methane Levels, presented at the 2nd Int. Workshop on Infrared Plasma Spectroscopy, Greifswald, Germany, July 2007Google Scholar
- 6.NERC Dornier 228 Aircraft, NERC ARSF, Hangar 2, Oxford Airport, Kidlington, Oxon OX5 1RAGoogle Scholar
- 9.L.S. Rothman, A. Barbe, D.C. Benner, L.R. Brown, C. Camy-Peyret, M.R. Carleer, K. Chance, C. Clerbaux, V. Dana, V.M. Devi, A. Fayt, J.-M. Flaud, R.R. Gamache, A. Goldman, D. Jacquemart, K.W. Jucks, W.J. Lafferty, J.-Y. Mandin, S.T. Massie, V. Nemtchinov, D.A. Newnham, A. Perrin, C.P. Rinsland, J. Schroeder, K.M. Smith, M.A.H. Smith, K. Tang, R.A. Toth, J. Vander Auwera, P. Varanasi, K. Yoshino, J. Quantum Spectrosc. Radiat. Transf. 82, 5 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.J. Houghton, The Physics of Atmospheres (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2002), 3rd edn.Google Scholar