Antimonide-based lasers and DFB laser diodes in the 2–2.7 μm wavelength range for absorption spectroscopy
- 141 Downloads
We report on Fabry–Pérot semiconductor lasers and single frequency distributed feedback lasers based on GaInAsSb/AlGaAsSb quantum wells. The laser structures were grown by molecular beam epitaxy on GaSb substrates. The devices were etched either by wet process or by inductively coupled plasma (ICP) process. Electron-beam lithography was used to deposit a metal Bragg grating on each side of the laser ridge to fabricate the DFB lasers. The devices all operate in the continuous wave regime at room temperature with a single frequency emission above 2.6 μm and good tuning properties, making them well adapted to tunable diode laser absorption spectroscopy.
KeywordsGaSb Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscopy GaSb Substrate Tuning Rate Side Mode Suppression Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L.S. Rothman, D. Jacquemart, A. Barbe, D.C. Benner, M. Birk, L.R. Brown, M.R. Carleer, C. Chackerian Jr., K. Chance, L.H. Coudert, V. Dana, V.M. Devi, J.-M. Flaud, R.R. Gamache, A. Goldman, J.M. Hartmann, K.W. Jucks, A.G. Maki, J.-Y. Mandin, S.T. Massie, J. Orphal, A. Perrin, C.P. Rinsland, M.A.H. Smith, J. Tennyson, R.N. Tolchenov, R.A. Toth, J. Vander Auwera, P. Varanasi, G. Wagner, J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transf. 96, 2 (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.A. Sahli, D. Barat, D. Romanini, Y. Rouillard, A. Ouvrard, R. Werner, J. Seufert, J. Koeth, A. Vicet, A. Garnache, Appl. Opt. 45, 20 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Nanoplus Nanosystems and Technologies GmbH, Gerbrunn, Germany, [Online], http://www.nanoplus.comGoogle Scholar
- 7.A. Vicet, D.A. Yarekha, A. Perona, Y. Rouillard, S. Gaillard, A.N. Baranov, Spectrochim. Acta A 58, 11 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.M. Kamp, J. Hofmann, F Schäfer, M. Reunhard, M. Fischer, T. Bleuel, J.P. Reithmaier, A. Forchel, Opt. Mater. , 17 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.A. Vicet, D.A. Yarekha, A. Ouvrard, R. Teissier, C. Alibert, A.N. Baranov, IEEE Proc. Optoelectron. 150, 4 (2003)Google Scholar