Compact efficient self-frequency Raman conversion in diode-pumped passively Q-switched Nd:GdVO4 laser
- 197 Downloads
I report the first demonstration of the generation of efficient sub-nanosecond self-stimulated Raman pulses by a diode-pumped passively Q-switched Nd:GdVO4/Cr4+:YAG laser. The conversion efficiency for the average power is 7% from pump diode input to self-Raman output and the slope efficiency is up to 14%. At an incident pump power of 2.0 W, the pulse duration, pulse energy, and peak power for the Stokes wavelength of 1175.6 nm were found to be 750 ps, 6.3 μJ, and 8.4 kW, respectively, with a pulse-repetition rate of 22 kHz.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.W. Kaiser, M. Maier: in Laser Handbook, Vol. II, ed. by F.T. Arecchi, E.O. Schultz-Dubois (North-Holland, Amsterdam 1972) p. 1077 Google Scholar
- 8.Y.R. Shen: The Principles of Nonlinear Optics (Wiley, New York 1984) Google Scholar
- 10.A.E. Siegman: Lasers (University Science, Mill Valley, CA 1986) p. 1024 Google Scholar
- 11.G. Xiao, M. Bass: IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-33, 41 (1997) Google Scholar
- 12.J.J. Degnan: IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-31 , 1890 (1995) Google Scholar